Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 mask leak rate off
P10 mask leak rate off
I've noticed that when I use the ResMed P10 mask it reads higher on the Resmed machines than either the Dreamwear mask or the Brevida mask. I have both an AirSense 10 Autoset and a VAUTO and they both read the bottom leak rate for the P10 at around 7ml to 8ml. Mean while the Dreamwear and the Brevida masks read zero for the bottom leak rate. The Resmed machines I have are from different sellers bought and made at different times. But both show the P10 bottom leak at 7ml to 8ml even though there's no leak. Also on the FFM setting I tested the Resmed F20 and it showed zero for the bottom leak along with the Amara View which also showed zero lead. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this?
Seems funny that a Remed Mask would have this problem with Remed machines. Don't get me wrong the P10 is my favorite mask and I'll keep using it. It's just wierd to me.   Dont-know
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 mask leak rate off
I did notice that the P10 leak rate is consistently higher than wither the Dreamwear or Brevida. But I can't say there was a "bottom" number of 7 or 8. It varied but rarely 0. Lots of 0 levels with the other two masks. I attributed it to the P10s being dislodged while I moved around or occasional mouth breathing. I finally gave in to the Brevida's quietness, ease, and comfort.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like that Brevida covers the entire tip of your nose. Am I seeing that correctly?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
The Brevida has pillows and outer side seals. . . for lack of a better description. It feels much like wearing a P10.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am wondering if that would stay in place better for side sleepers.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the P10 works better for me and I'm a side sleeper. But than that's why there's so many masks out there. Something for everybody.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2018, 03:36 PM)paulag1955 Wrote: I am wondering if that would stay in place better for side sleepers.

It works much better for me.  One of the primary reasons is an adjustable tension system with Velcro straps.  Really surprised ResMed missed the boat on the straps for the P10.  It seals the outside of the nose better and the top of the nose as well.  The pillows are also softer.  During inhalation the soft walls of the cushion inflate to help increase the stability.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2018, 11:32 AM)Walla Walla pid= Wrote:I've noticed that when I use the ResMed P10 mask it reads higher on the Resmed machines than either the Dreamwear mask or the Brevida mask. I have both an AirSense 10 Autoset and a VAUTO and they both read the bottom leak rate for the P10 at around 7ml to 8ml. Mean while the Dreamwear and the Brevida masks read zero for the bottom leak rate. The Resmed machines I have are from different sellers bought and made at different times. But both show the P10 bottom leak at 7ml to 8ml even though there's no leak. Also on the FFM setting I tested the Resmed F20 and it showed zero for the bottom leak along with the Amara View which also showed zero lead. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this?
Seems funny that a Remed Mask would have this problem with Remed machines. Don't get me wrong the P10 is my favorite mask and I'll keep using it. It's just wierd to me.   Dont-know

I have found that the same make and model can have different intentional (vent) rates. I found this after I bought a new mask. Both masks were ResMed P2 and had a leak rate from 2 to 3ml difference. One mask never got below 3 or 4 while the other was at 0 70% of the time.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I am considering trying a Brevida mask. I haven't found one yet that works for me. I have tried DreamWear Nasal mask--hurt the top of my head and I had massive leaks. P10 (hurt my nose, inside and bridge); For Her headgear seemed too tight, other too loose. SleepWeaver Advance works as long as I don't move, but I am a restless sleeper. As soon as I turn over, the pressure blows the mask off my face and I have to turn off the machine and start over at low pressure. Airfit N20 hurt to sleep on my side, felt like I had a cage on my face. I tried the Swift FX and that hurts the bridge of my nose as well. (I had septal surgery and turbinate reduction in August and my nose is still sensitive to pressure.)

The mask I keep going back to is the Nuance Pro. Very comfortable, low leaks, some pressure on my nose, but the main issue is, just like every similar mask I've used, the back strap will NOT stay on my head! It slides up while I'm sleeping. Last night, with the Swift FX, it slid all the way up to the top strap and I had massive leaks into my eyes that woke me. The only reason the mask did not fall completely off was that I had sewn on an additional strap that wrapped around my head below my ears and that kept it on my head! My DME says it might be because the back of my head is nicely rounded (no ledge), and my hair is very fine and silky (!). Has anyone else had this problem? And solved it?

I know that headgear that goes below the ears as well will help, but as a stomach/side sleeper, I need something that is...soft? malleable? unobtrusive? So that when I lay my head on the pillow, it's not a hard, unyielding surface.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the Brevida headgear slipped up my head easier than the P10 did. Also the with the P10 you really need to use a larger pillow size than you would expect. If your in between sizes on the P10 headgear I'd use the larger size and than use the clips to tighten it.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 9 242 7 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 48 Today, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,550 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 399 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 376 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 968 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,283 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.