Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 modification, cures air starvation at low pressure.
P10 modification, cures air starvation at low pressure.

I sliced off the tops of a medium P10 pillow as shown, using a new single edge razor blade. This opened the holes to allow more air to pass. 

Breathing was much easier, leaks did not increase, slept much better and AHI was as low as ever.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 modification, cures air starvation at low pressure.
I use the P10 Airfit also. I started out with a medium, but later founded that the large performs better with less leak. Why don't you just use the "large".
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 modification, cures air starvation at low pressure.
Actually, I do use the large for that very reason but the medium fits better with less leaks. Once I have sufficient data with the medium I plan to do the same with the large and a lower pressure.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  P10 modification advice - where are the hole pokers at? her.suit 5 426 01-15-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 553 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  PR Dreamstation Modification Question KenSleep 8 836 11-09-2021, 07:22 AM
Last Post: KenSleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.