Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 pillow question
Question 
P10 pillow question
The mask I most often use is the ResMed P10 with medium pillows and I like it fine.
About 25% of time when I awake in the morning and go to wash the pillows, I find that one or both of the "inner cones" (see pic attached) is inverted, or facing toward my nose. When this happens I do not necessarily notice it during the night, but think it must affect the airflow, especially on inhale.

[attachment=1963]

Have any other of you P10 users noticed this phenomenon? I assume it is not a big problem, but I am interested in seeing how (un)common it is
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 pillow question
The photo looks normal. The pillows are dual walled. The inner wall sits a little below the outer wall. Sometimes they do get inverted when I wash them, but not while using.

Also, it is recommended that these pillows be replaced twice a month. They will get soft and start to invert (the inner wall of the pillow turns inside out)

I can usually stretch mine out to a month before switching.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had it happen. Usually it wakes me up with a mask leak. I've noticed that this seems to happen more often when they are starting to wear out. BTW, I've greatly reduced the cleaning frequency on my pillows and this has increased their life span.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see from the pic you posted that one of them is splayed back. Do you at any time during the night sleep with your face mashed into the pillow? That's what I would imagine might cause this.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 09:09 AM)Snowbird47 Wrote: The mask I most often use is the ResMed P10 with medium pillows and I like it fine.
About 25% of time when I awake in the morning and go to wash the pillows, I find that one or both of the "inner cones" (see pic attached) is inverted, or facing toward my nose. When this happens I do not necessarily notice it during the night, but think it must affect the airflow, especially on inhale.

Have any other of you P10 users noticed this phenomenon? I assume it is not a big problem, but I am interested in seeing how (un)common it is

Yes - it happens when the pillows get old and become too elastic, or when I sleep on my stomach with my face in the pillow, which I often end up doing. I've never found it to be much of an issue though. My numbers always look good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 09:09 AM)Snowbird47 Wrote: The mask I most often use is the ResMed P10 with medium pillows and I like it fine.

I've never had that problem. Do you have a high pressure setting? I'm relatively low at 6. Maybe you should use a smaller pillow. I used a large for two years and always had trouble getting it adjusted properly but I got good numbers with it (AHI). Recently I dropped down to a medium and it seals immediately when I put it on. It may be that the inner cones are reversing because the pillow is too large and they have room to invert.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2015, 03:27 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: I've never had that problem. Do you have a high pressure setting? I'm relatively low at 6. Maybe you should use a smaller pillow. I used a large for two years and always had trouble getting it adjusted properly but I got good numbers with it (AHI). Recently I dropped down to a medium and it seals immediately when I put it on. It may be that the inner cones are reversing because the pillow is too large and they have room to invert.

My pressure is 13.4 max, 95% usually runs about 11-12. I started on small pillows but got too much leakage, medium seals well and is not uncomfortable (once I got used to pillows at all).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 990 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 244 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,134 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 321 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 510 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 368 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 431 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.