Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 too tight - What to do?
Arrow 
P10 too tight - What to do?
Hi

I tried out my new p10 mask last night. I've used a p30i for a long time, decided to try the p10 to get a better seal. But apparently I have a large head. The headgear is too tight for me, even though I separated the 2 parts of the headgear as far as they would go. Miserable night. Dont-know
After 3 hours of waking up every hour from the pressure, I gave up and went back to the p30i.
Any ideas? I understand that the headgear eventually stretches, but I can't wait that long...
Thanks
Benzi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 too tight - What to do?
I bet if you just stretch it strongly with your hands a few times, it'll stretch out enough pretty easily.

The P10 headgear notoriously stretches out very easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Hydrangea, I thought of doing that, but remembered the complaints about the headgear stretching. What do I do if it stretches too much?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2021, 02:12 AM)Benzi Wrote: Thanks Hydrangea, I thought of doing that, but remembered the complaints about the headgear stretching. What do I do if it stretches too much?

It came with a small gray clip inside of a small ziplock bag.  You use that to make it tighter. 

Other things I do to make it tighter:
- wash in hot water, then toss in the dryer
- use a safety pin to sinch it in
- sew it smaller
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine came without a clip. Thanks for the other ideas!
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem!

Can you look again? It's usually on the back side, with the paper booklet.
Post Reply Post Reply
No paper booklet. I guess that's what you get when buying from different vendors on Amazon
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're ok with sewing, cut the strap.
Then add extensions with velcro strap material.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airfit N30 headgear (64216) fits the P10 mask and is adjustable unlike the P10 headgear out of the box, if extra $$$ is no concern. $80 Aud in Australia. 'CPAP Reviews' has a video on it and how to change it on Youtube, if Resmed haven't terminated him yet...

The P10 mask is tight at first, but stretches, especially if you have big head, then later the reverse problem occurs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New mask but chest still tight and flow limitations Summer 5 720 09-04-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Summer
  Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight. Phil7 2 630 09-03-2022, 12:24 AM
Last Post: clownbell
  Tightness of cervical collar and effectiveness? How tight should it be? CorruptAlligator 1 695 06-26-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Can a mask be TOO tight? Chalkie 10 1,583 12-24-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Dave W
  Soft collar: How tight? drmaestro 9 1,483 06-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Aludj
  Dental appliance new user here ... is it always so tight? Zandor435 6 1,313 01-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Chin straps - how tight? Davidacarrick 6 2,673 12-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: JoeyWallaby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.