Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 vs Amara View
P10 vs Amara View
Here's a couple of charts comparing the P10 with my new Amara View.
The View is a Medium and I have a Small on order, as I'm getting small leaks when on my left side (right side is fine).

I like the P10, but from time to time it irritates my nostrils.  The Wisp works for a nasal mask, but I tend to be more prone to opening my mouth with it, so I'd like to get the Amara View dialed in as a backup for the P10.

6-8 and 6-9 look strange because I was resetting my clock so both nights show on one day but with messed up times.

Top chart is the P10. Bottom two are the Amara View

[Image: SH-6-8-17.jpg]

[Image: SH-6-9-17.jpg]

[Image: SH-6-10-17.jpg]
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 vs Amara View
Is there a question here? As fa as I can see use either or, the results are great. I would like to get peoples perspectives on the flow limitations, mine tend to be high like this posters, and no matter what i do they just are in the .1 to .3 range 95 percentile.
Post Reply Post Reply
No question, just putting the data out there both for comparison and for those who are good at reading the graphs to make suggestions.
-- Rich

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 07:05 PM)TASmart Wrote: Is there a question here? As fa as I can see use either or, the results are great. I would like to get peoples perspectives on the flow limitations, mine tend to be high like this posters, and no matter what i do they just are in the .1 to .3 range 95 percentile.

Are you using EPR? If not is there a reason that you are not?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 10:30 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 07:05 PM)TASmart Wrote: Is there a question here? As fa as I can see use either or, the results are great. I would like to get peoples perspectives on the flow limitations, mine tend to be high like this posters, and no matter what i do they just are in the .1 to .3 range 95 percentile.

Are you using EPR? If not is there a reason that you are not?
I don't use EPR as my results ae not good with EPR. All of the components of AHI increase with EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason that I asked about the EPR is that the MD who wrote the book Sound Sleep, Sound Mind is also a hosehead and he mentions in his book that he reduced his flow limitations drastically by increasing his Pressure Support. He uses a bilevel machine and his reported PS is quite high(6 or more).

I got curious so I increased my PS from 4 to 5 and I did see a reduction in flow limitation. I am thinking about increasing PS another cm/H2O. I keep running out of room between min. EPAP and max. IPAP.

Anyway, it does not sound like you would want to try max EPR to see if it had any effect on your flow limitation. How about higher pressure?

Just some thoughts.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I'm going to have to stick with the P10 until the Small mask arrives.

Last night, it was constantly waking me up with small leaks. Nothing major appeared on the chart except for a brief spike to 40 (possibly repositioned the mask?), but around 4:30 I couldn't control the leakage around my mouth or nose... was was constantly blowing in one area or another. Slightly pushing on the mask would "fix" it, but I already have the straps too tight and it is leaving marks that last for hours.
I ended up taking it off and finishing the morning on the P10.

I REALLY want this mask to work, as I like the design, and I need something that will work when I'm congested or my nose is irritated.
The Quattro Air was another leaker, mainly around my chin.
-- Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2017, 11:40 AM)PaytonA Wrote: The reason that I asked about the EPR is that the MD who wrote the book Sound Sleep, Sound Mind is also a hosehead and he mentions in his book that he reduced his flow limitations drastically by increasing his Pressure Support. He uses a bilevel machine and his reported PS is quite high(6 or more).

I got curious so I increased my PS from 4 to 5 and I did see a reduction in flow limitation. I am thinking about increasing PS another cm/H2O. I keep running out of room between min. EPAP and max. IPAP.

Anyway, it does not sound like you would want to try max EPR to see if it had any effect on your flow limitation. How about higher pressure?

Just some thoughts.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I have played with pressure and APAP, as well as different EPR, nothing really seems to consistently change the flow limitations. Now I am wondering since flow limitation is determined from the shape of the inspiration curve, it may not much meaning at all. What is your understanding of what the flow limitations mean in terms of sleep quality?  I will have to look back at Sound Sleep Sound Mind to see what his belief on flow limitations really mean to the practicing sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
love the amara view:
1. you may have it too tight
2. when the air is on, pull it slightly off you face to let it inflate and then set it back down
3. it can rock top to bottom causing leaks, don't just tighten the leaking area, try loosing to opposite side
4. tightness is adjusted 1/8" at a time when you are close
5. the little cup where your nose goes just sits over the very end of your nose
6. the strap at the close side of the breathing slot should sit flat against your upper lip and not the under side of your nose
Post Reply Post Reply
I can get a good seal sitting upright running the mask seal test.
It generally works well when I am on my right side.
I roll to my other side after a few hours because of my hips/back, I also roll to my left side an hour or so before waking to prepare for the alarm.

It's when I'm on my left side that I have problems. It starts out fine, but then as my head settles in and my neck relaxes, the leaks begin on the left side of my face.
I can sometimes slip the center of the strap slightly more to the right and stop it, but it then begins leaking again.

I know it's too tight, with the marks it's leaving, but leakage out the nose area is uncontrollable when it is more comfortably loose.

And of course, the small mask "arrived" yesterday... kinda. Shows as having been delivered, but it was not in my security locker. We have been having serious problems with our post office the last few months, and quite a number of packages have gone missing... and this is not "porch pirates"... our mailboxes are secured.
-- Rich

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 357 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 588 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  CT Angiography - 3D Airway view reconstruction fotjon 2 403 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: fotjon
  [Pressure] Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts DumDum90 4 576 06-06-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: DumDum90
  Dry mouth with Amara View capecodoma 16 4,737 04-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: chuckinca
  Buying AirSense 11 online, is it possible to have it registered to Air View? Spartan 1 761 11-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Amara View Mask jimbo1199 2 586 10-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.