Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P30i
P30i
is there a difference between the resmed P30i and the Phillips repsonics dreamwear equvelent?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P30i
Same concept. Execution is a little different. Much like how one car may differ from another, but essentially does the same thing.

The only thing missing from the P/N30i that the DreamWear has is a full face version.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible to use the Resmed P30i with a PR System 1 machine? I bought a P30i and just tried it on the machine and I'm getting an error message. I don't know if there's a setting I need to change.
Post Reply Post Reply
All masks should work with all machines, the error message may be unrelated what is the error message
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is definitely possible to use the P30i on a PRS1. I would set the mask type to X1.

What is the error code?
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife and I both use the P30i.

I have tried the Dreamwear in the DME office, but had trouble with leaks and pinching my nostrils closed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I tried it again, and no error code. Odd. And I set the "System" option to X1, as suggested, so we'll see how it goes.

I've been using the Swift FX nasal pillows for three and a half years, since I started ASV. They work fine, but the vent air bothers my wife. So I thought the P30i might work better for her. We'll see how that goes. I got the "medium" sized headgear, but it feels like I really have to pull the straps far to get it to fit right. I didn't think I was a pinhead, but maybe I am.

Interestingly, last night, with the Swift FX, my AHI was 0.0. That's only the second or third time that has ever happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update and a question:

I used the P30i last night. My AHI was 1.9, which is pretty normal for me. I found the thing very comfortable to wear, compared to the Swift FX gear. My was was also very appreciative of the absence of breeze emanating from me. But we both think the P30i is louder than the FX.

My subjective sense is that air flows more freely through the P30i. To use a term that I normally only use as a sax player, there's less "back pressure." I could sit comfortably with the P30i on, with the machine turned off, and not feel that my breathing was impeded. With the FX I wouldn't want to do that. This may or may not be related to my question...

The Swift FX gear has a short section of hose, about two feet, that is narrower than the main hose that connects to the PRS1 machine. I couldn't use that, because it doesn't fit over the tube on the P30i. They are almost exactly the same size. So I just wound a few layers of tape onto the P30i tube and slipped the main hose onto that, so they fit together fairly snugly.

But I have to wonder, is there some reason why I *should* be using that narrower hose? If so, I could certainly use some duct tape to join them, until I can find an appropriate size piece of rubber tube to use as a coupler. The hose diameter would affect the air speed, given constant pressure, but with a variable pressure machine I don't know if that matters. What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
The P30i elbow fits the standard rubber cuff on any standard or slimline hose. You don’t need to use an extension hose.

If the hose end didn’t fit, you may have a plastic sleeve from the end of the Swift FX hose stuck in the hose end.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 09:49 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: The P30i elbow fits the standard rubber cuff on any standard or slimline hose. You don’t need to use an extension hose.

If the hose end didn’t fit, you may have a plastic sleeve from the end of the Swift FX hose stuck in the hose end.

I've just had a chance to check this, and it just doesn't fit. The Slimline (thanks for letting me know what it's called) doesn't fit into it, and there's no extra plastic sleeve on it. And the regular hose does fit over it , but so loosely that I have to add the tape, as described above. What I still don't know is whether the short Slimline extension house that was with the Swift FX serves any therapeutic purpose. If not, I'll just forget about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 260 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 492 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Resmed Airlift P30i vs. AirFit F30i Jose Castro 2 802 10-19-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.