Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P30i as a replacement for P10
RE: P30i as a replacement for P10
My P30i has arrived this morning. A couple of things I noticed, without trying it out yet:

Just as Grandpapa-G mentioned, cleaning it will be a challenge. Not the actual cleaning, which is easy, but drying it. I washed it about 3 hours ago, and I'm not sure I will be able to use it tonight, or even tomorrow. The padding on the sleeves will take forever to dry out.

Also, removing pillows takes a bit of force. My concern is that something will break. I hope I'm not doing something wrong. The manual says to just pull it out from the sleeve's end, and there is quite a bit of stretching when doing so.

As for the actual use, I'll still have to wait until this damn padding dries out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2019, 02:12 PM)ppca Wrote: My P30i has arrived this morning. A couple of things I noticed, without trying it out yet:

Just as Grandpapa-G mentioned, cleaning it will be a challenge. Not the actual cleaning, which is easy, but drying it. I washed it about 3 hours ago, and I'm not sure I will be able to use it tonight, or even tomorrow. The padding on the sleeves will take forever to dry out.

Also, removing pillows takes a bit of force. My concern is that something will break. I hope I'm not doing something wrong. The manual says to just pull it out from the sleeve's end, and there is quite a bit of stretching when doing so.

As for the actual use, I'll still have to wait until this damn padding dries out.

Not that I clean mine that often but I never noticed the padding. I just wash it in the morning hang it in the shade, then bring it in late afternoon and hang it inside until bed time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2019, 02:12 PM)ppca Wrote: My P30i has arrived this morning. A couple of things I noticed, without trying it out yet:

Removing the pillows is way easier if you squeeze right at the joint where the "gap" is in the pillow clips.  The picture (if I upload it right) has arrows pointing at the gap I"m speaking of.  Squeezing it there will help the clip "unlatch" from the headgear.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
ppca, There are videos on youtube reviewing this mask and they show how to remove the pillows (and diffuser) with minimum effort. You squeeze the aides of the frame receiving part and top and bottom of the pillow inserting part. Don't pull, just twist one side out and the other follows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2019, 07:36 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Removing the pillows is way easier if you squeeze right at the joint where the "gap" is in the pillow clips.  The picture (if I upload it right) has arrows pointing at the gap I"m speaking of.  Squeezing it there will help the clip "unlatch" from the headgear.

Well, I'll be! I just learned something new about the P30i. 

Just this evening I was swapping my P30i pillows for the N30i nasal cradle and it felt like I was going to tear the mask asunder. Now with just learning to squeeze the joint, I confirm that it is a whole lot easier to remove them. 

Thanks guys!
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I panicked. Grin  Drying out the padding is not too bad. It did take about 8-9 hours, but I can live with that.

And thank you for the tips about removing these pillows. The way I was doing it really made me believe something was going to give, sooner or later.

And the big test is tonight. Sleeping with the new mask for the first time. It still has that plastic-like smell, even after washing it in warm water with baby shampoo, but I guess it'll just take some time to get rid of it completely.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first night with P30i went okay. Felt about the same as P10, as the pillows are more or less identical. Surprisingly though, it left some serious marks, you could almost call them dents, on my face. I am mostly sleeping on my left side, and this morning there was a pretty deep dent on my left cheek. Much, much worse than I've ever seen with P10. It took a few hours for it to disappear. Nothing too serious, but I was really surprised to see this, as P30i was supposed to be much more "user friendly", when it comes to not leaving marks on the face. My pillow is not very soft, but it definitely doesn't fall in the hard pillow category.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2019, 03:11 PM)ppca Wrote: The first night with P30i went okay. Felt about the same as P10, as the pillows are more or less identical. Surprisingly though, it left some serious marks, you could almost call them dents, on my face. I am mostly sleeping on my left side, and this morning there was a pretty deep dent on my left cheek. Much, much worse than I've ever seen with P10. It took a few hours for it to disappear. Nothing too serious, but I was really surprised to see this, as P30i was supposed to be much more "user friendly", when it comes to not leaving marks on the face. My pillow is not very soft, but it definitely doesn't fall in the hard pillow category.

If dents or crease marks remain a problem, I've had very good long-term results with the DIY solution linked to in my signature below. Of course, it will add width to the straps across your cheeks, but that's the engineering principle here: to distribute and diffuse the pressure areas.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks very interesting.

I can certainly live with these marks, but I have to say that I didn't expect them, after reading a lot of reviews. P30i seems to be even worse than P10 (wider and deeper marks).

Thanks for this tip. Maybe I'll try to make something similar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am doing this backwards, but can speak to the P30i.

I found the P30i is noisier inside your head. The bones in your face conduct sound, and so the mask will be immediately more noisy than any mask not blowing air through a tube snugly pulled taut against your face, cheek, and skull bones. If you are sensitive to noise, these over the head connection points will be noisier than their counterparts. (IMHO)

Also, the P30i has one size headgear (which is also the functional tubing). I was hoping for something a teensy bit larger than standard, or at least an option to order for those of us with big heads, because the standard frame cannot be worn on large heads without serious nasal irritation. Again, this is just my experience, my big head, my face.

Has anyone who has used the P30i (or other top of head masks, e.g. dreamwear) found that when side sleeping, the re-routed airflow feels weird? In other words, if my body is used to splitting my 6cm of pressure equally between left and right nostril, won't a user feel it when the left half of the tube is blocked, sending 100% of the air down only the right side pipe to get to both nostrils? I felt like my blocked side was always competing for air with my right! Probably imaginary or easily overcome with time, but that was how I felt.

I just ordered the P10, and will report back on my thoughts on how it compares after a night or two!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 204 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,904 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,797 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.