Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P30i as a replacement for P10
RE: P30i as a replacement for P10
ppca, For removing the cushions you need to squeeze the frame part from the sides to deform the tube (slightly more rounded), with your other hand squeeze the pillow part top to bottom to make it slightly flatter and then pivot the pillow out of the socket (from the sides). It is rather simple once you have done it a few times.
Also the P10 and P30 pillows are different enough that you will have to experiment to make sure which size is appropriate. You may be surprised - I was. After more than three years with the P10 I realised both the M and L pillows were equally comfortable and both produced similar results. With the P30 I could only tolerate the M pillow - the L pillow was much more prone to leaks. To use the L pillow I had to tighten the straps to reduce leaks but this was not at all comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
With P10 I was using both M and L pillows with similar results. Usually no major leaks, and whenever I had them, I assumed they were caused by the flimsy headgear. Both M and L felt comfortable.

I am now trying the same thing with P30i, using M pillows for a few nights, and then switching to L. Even though L feels a bit too large, still no leaks. However, M pillows feel more comfortable.

I haven't tried S, as I'm guessing those might be too small. One of these days, I will give S pillows a try and see how it goes.

Obviously the only reason for me to experiment with different sizes, rather than sticking to one, are the ridiculously high prices of spare parts. These pillows here in Canada are $45 (1 pillow only, not a set of 3), and that is the so called "sale" price. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
I may...just may have found the proper setting. Last night, I was using L pillows and really loosened the straps of the headgear. It almost felt like it was going to slide off my face, but it definitely did not, and I only had a few minor, really insignificant leaks. No nostrils pain this morning either. The trick seems to be, as some of you fine folks have mentioned, to have the straps as loose as you possibly can. The seal is still good. I'll try it with M pillows as well, and hope for the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Press it right at the "points" of the oval shape.  That unlatches it.  Still needs a little tug, but it is much easier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2019, 07:52 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Press it right at the "points" of the oval shape.  That unlatches it.  Still needs a little tug, but it is much easier.

Yeah, that helps. Squeeze, then a little twist, and that does it.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2019, 04:36 PM)ppca Wrote: Yeah, these side tubes are my biggest concern. My pillow is of average firmness, not too hard, but definitely not very soft either. I wouldn't want to feel these side tubes pressing against the side of my head. Not so much worried about any possible marks, as I don't think P30i could be worse than P10, but if sleeping on the side and pressing against the pillow produces uncomfortable pressure from the side tubing, then I don't think it would be for me.

Thanks for the reply!

Same here. I used the P10 for years. Then got a N30i and later switched to P30i pillows. I like the 30i concept but discovered that in hot weather those wide tubes pressing again the sides of my face are irritating. I've gone back to the P10 but believe the P30i might be OK in cooler months.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 200 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,120 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,892 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,794 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.