Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P30i
RE: P30i
I realized that the "Slimline" hose really isn't much different in diameter, if at all, compared to the regular hose. The inner coil is tighter, making it appear smaller, and the end fitting is smaller. I'm coming to the conclusion that the purpose of this extension hose is simply to fit the small elbow of the FX. The main hose is loose because it has stretched, that's all.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI the ends of the slimline and regular hoses are the same size by design and compatibility.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 07:33 PM)bonjour Wrote: FYI the ends of the slimline and regular hoses are the same size by design and compatibility.

All the more reason to think the extension hose for the FX is a custom part specific to that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 07:37 PM)tmoody Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 07:33 PM)bonjour Wrote: FYI the ends of the slimline and regular hoses are the same size by design and compatibility.

All the more reason to think the extension hose for the FX is a custom part specific to that mask.
The FX extension hose is definitely not intended for use with the P30i.

The Slimline works great with the P30i, though I’ve now switched to the ClimatelineAir.
Post Reply Post Reply
Upon further reading, I learn that the PSR1 takes strictly Slimline 15mm tubing, and that's all. The FX extension hose differs in having a smaller fitting at the mall end. The elbow pope on the mask itself is smaller than the one on the P30i.

This, I believe, would choke the airflow a bit and affect the settings. I have no idea how to compensate for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 will support 15mm (Slimline) or 22mm (Standard) tubing, but IMHO there’s no reason not to choose the 15mm.

So, I would use a Slimline hose to connect the P30i to the PRS1. Then go into the provider menu, set the tube type to 15mm/Slimline, and set the System Restriction (aka mask type in more recent models) to X1.

Note: Respironics recommends X0 for any non-Respironics mask. This is absurd CYA BS that only makes sense if you put the end of the hose directly in your mouth.

Then, completely forget about the Swift FX extension hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 09:21 PM)ragtopcircus Wrote: The PRS1 will support 15mm (Slimline) or 22mm (Standard) tubing, but IMHO there’s no reason not to choose the 15mm.

So, I would use a Slimline hose to connect the P30i to the PRS1. Then go into the provider menu, set the tube type to 15mm/Slimline, and set the System Restriction (aka mask type in more recent models) to X1.

Note: Respironics recommends X0 for any non-Respironics mask. This is absurd CYA BS that only makes sense if you put the end of the hose directly in your mouth.

Then, completely forget about the Swift FX extension hose.

The PRS1 requires a special connector at the machine end, with three plastic hooks. At the other end, it's a standard rubber coupler. That rubber part had stretched a bit by a year or so ago, so even before getting the P30i I had wound some tape around the male end of the Swift FX mask hose, to keep it from falling off. I probably should order a replacement hose one of these days.

As I said above, I did set the System Restriction to X1, noting that it had been set to X0 for the FX mask. I'm unclear on what this setting is for. The P30i mask feels like it has a less restricted airflow than the FX, but that may not be what the setting is about.

Last night was my second night with the P30i. AHI was 2.6, which is not unusual for me. It's higher than the unusually low numbers I had been getting for the last week of so with the FX, but no big deal. There was one central event, the rest hypos. Again, this is not unusual.

But the really good thing was that I find the P30i so comfortable and secure. As I wrote in another thread, I'd been having leak problems with the FX. And I never liked the way the FX headgear felt on the sides of my face, although I was used to it. It was also pretty easy to jostle the pillows out of position with the FX. The P30i feels much more secure.

It may be a coincidence, but I've been sleeping longer with this mask. Even though my AHI has been well controlled, for quite some time I've had a tendency to wake up too early and not get much over 7 hours of sleep. This is adequate but not optimal. I definitely feel better if I get at least 7.5 hours, but it hasn't been happening that often. I've only had the P30i for two nights, so it's too soon to generalize, but on both nights I've slept longer than 7.5 hours, and I definitely feel more rested.

I'll update this thread as I get more experience with the P30i, for the benefit of anyone else who may be thinking of trying it, especially with an ASV machine.

My settings at the moment are back to what was prescribed in my titration study three years ago: EPAPmin=8, PSmin=0.
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling more comfortable and sleeping better is really what it's all about.  Low numbers do not tell the whole story, as you've pointed out.  Really glad to hear it's working so well for you!  I too will be curious to try out this newer mask when I come around to mask renewal time.  Been hearing some good things about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 489 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Resmed Airlift P30i vs. AirFit F30i Jose Castro 2 801 10-19-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.