Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PAIN AND TEETH
PAIN AND TEETH
My AHI for each night are excellent, under 2 usually. 

I have said I managed to re-start side sleeping after 20 years. I persevered with the intercostal pain and it went.
However, I was getting pain in my jaw that was waking me so I took PK's and went back to sleep once they kicked in. 

I am in the process of having all of my teeth removed, 3 at time. I have no back teeth on the left and come Thursday 3 will go from the top of bottom of right hand side.

There will come a time when I will have no back teeth, and then none at all, and waiting for gums to heal. I am not sure, because iof bad memory, if I get a temp set or not. 

I have been told by a SA charity here that many people with falsies keep them in at night.

My concern is mask fitting and leaking once I have no teeth and for the period I may not even have a set of falsies. 

Now for the other pain issue. Last night I slept sitting up again. I awoke after about 1.40min and thought my reading at over 2 was too high so went back to my side and could only manage 1.30min so went back to upright/slope. My AHI was 3.39 which is twice the normal on my side. 

Tonight I shall go to sleep in my astronaut position and stay like that the whole night and see what the AHI is.

One thing of importance I think is that once I had decided to get up, readjust the bed and bedding to sleep in the astronaut, I didn't wake for almost 9 hrs.  Whereas sleeping on my side, I am waking several times a night at about 90 min intervals. 

I am so used now to having my AHI under 2 that I start to worry when it gets to 2.5 or more.

I know I appear stupid, maybe I am, but as I have written before I do have brain damage and have been OCD over many things in my life and am also neuro-divergent which is the new posh way of saying autistic. I just prefer eccentric. I am very thankful though that my OCD about hand washing went many years ago or I'd be up sugar creek in today's climate. 

I am concerned I am developing an OCD type issue over my AHI.

kindest regards
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Hip pain when waking up? rpierce 7 1,094 08-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 511 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.