Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PAP MD Mouth Tape
PAP MD Mouth Tape
Has anyone tired these?  I hate a FFM since I have to use a chin strap to avoid leaks at the corner of my mouth.  I struggle with mouth leaks with any pillow or nasal mask even with a chin strap.  I have tried chin up strips and hostage tape.  Hostage tape never sticks and is too small.  Chin Up Strips are not bad but you still end up with mouth leaks.  The reviews appear to be pretty strong and they will give you your money back if they don't work.  

https://getpapmd.com/?syclid=0a4be4c8-ab...9434619186
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PAP MD Mouth Tape
@Columbiabill 

Still looks too short to me. If you ant to use a nasal mask and are looking at tape why not try Cover-roll Stretch tape? Works great for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2023, 12:34 PM)Sleepy Quixote Wrote: @Columbiabill 

Still looks too short to me. If you ant to use a nasal mask and are looking at tape why not try Cover-roll Stretch tape? Works great for me.

Never thought about Cover Roll tape?  How does it adhere to facial hair?  Do you just cut a strip and apply?
Post Reply Post Reply
@Columbiabill 

I keep my beard and stache trimmed down to around a quarter inch. The version of Cover-Roll stretch I use comes 2 inches wide by 10 yards long, I cut about a six inch long strip and stick it directly to my lips, over all the hair and onto my cheeks. Rarely have issues. Sometimes I put another layer of non porous tape 1 inch wide medical tape over the lip area to stop any air leaking through the cover-roll tape.

Hope that helps. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always been a mouth breather and have tried many full face mask over the years but never could find one that didn't leak air. My face just isn't shaped for it to work. I started using the Somnifix mouth strips for several years but kept having leaks throughout the night. I tried some kinetic tape which is what Hostage tape is but it leaked as well. So, I recently switched to the Cover Roll Stretch Tape and my leaks have basically disappeared. You just have to careful and take it slow when peeling it off each morning so as to not irritate your skin. Also, dog ear one corner of it to make it easy to grab, especially in case of an emergency such as when the lights go out in the middle of the night. But the tape works. LankyLefty has a video about it on his youtube channel that you can watch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2023, 05:34 PM)mawaw1992 Wrote: I have always been a mouth breather and have tried many full face mask over the years but never could find one that didn't leak air. My face just isn't shaped for it to work. I started using the Somnifix mouth strips for several years but kept having leaks throughout the night. I tried some kinetic tape which is what Hostage tape is but it leaked as well. So, I recently switched to the Cover Roll Stretch Tape and my leaks have basically disappeared. You just have to careful and take it slow when peeling it off each morning so as to not irritate your skin. Also, dog ear one corner of it to make it easy to grab, especially in case of an emergency such as when the lights go out in the middle of the night. But the tape works. LankyLefty has a video about it on his youtube channel that you can watch.

I placed an order on Amazon for a roll of the tape.  Gonna give it a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think they are absolutely wonderful! I was at my wit's end .I had just a nose mask and went to a full face mask because I had a horrible problem with dry mouth. But the full face mask was just as bad if not worse. I gave the pap MD Mouse tape a try and I am thrilled how well they work.
They are easy to put on their soft they're comfortable you can lift and adjust and they will restick. They do not hurt to take off and for the first time and as long as I can remember I actually woke up with some moisture in my mouth. I am totally hooked I have not tried any other brand.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 129 04-24-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Novel alternative to tape? HalfAsleep 4 284 04-23-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 10 1,416 04-23-2024, 05:30 PM
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 178 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 975 04-19-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 149 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 700 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.