Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PB Breeze
PB Breeze
Has the Breeze been discontinued?

I had to call and get supplies because my mask is held together with tape right now (and has been for a while, I'm bad I know).

But the guy says it has been discontinued! The Breeze has been around for freakin' ever. It's what finally made me compliant with my treatment years ago.

So he's sending me the Swift LT that I used for a few years. This is the second time they've told me it's been discontinued so I hesitate to believe him.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PB Breeze
Trish sent me a link to the manufacturer's website. This is from their About Us page:

Quote:The company SEFAM (Société d’Etude et de Fabrication d’Appareillage Médical in French or Society for the Study and Manufacture of Medical Equipment in English) was established by Pierrick Haan in 1982.

(snip)

In 1994 SEFAM was sold to Puritan Bennett, itself acquired by Nellcor in 1995, absorbed by Mallinckrodt in 1997, and then by Tyco in 2000. Tyco’s medical division was spun off in 2007 and became COVIDIEN.

(snip)

In 2009, COVIDIEN decided to opt out of the "treatment of the respiratory sleep disorders" market. Pierrick Haan acquires this business on August 28, 2010 and re-launches the SEFAM brand.

As far as I can tell, they are still making the mask as well as their other stuff. They're coming out with a new brand of CPAPs called the DreamStar.

I'll try the Swift LT again to see if I like it (I can't remember, I've used so many over the years). If not, then I will just buy my mask via one of the online suppliers vs the local idiots.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula, I also went up to supplier 18 on the supplier list and they still have them as far as I can tell.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Several online suppliers have them, which is good. We're tempted to order one now just so I got a backup. But I'm about to make a business trip and need all the money I can get. $90 bucks is an awful lot right now.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I know what you mean.
I hope your business trip goes well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breeze Nasal Pillows with Resmed Airsense 10 TwoSleepy 0 1,284 05-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Last Post: TwoSleepy
  Anyone using Breeze SleepGear mask? mcsheltie 3 1,198 10-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any new nasal pillows similar to Breeze? TwoSleepy 4 1,700 05-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.