Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PC Desktop Software for DreamStation
PC Desktop Software for DreamStation
I have been reading a lot of threads discussing wireless SD cards and their use in transferring data. Since the DreamStation has a Bluetooth connection is there a PC app, that could access data through this Bluetooth connection and pass it along to Sleepyhead app or equivalent? Respironics provides a smartphone app that uploads CPAP data using Bluetooth on the DreamStation to a DreamMapper web page that users can setup for themselves. While it is good, it lacks the details of Sleepyhead. I know the "author" of Sleepyhead has plenty enough to do, but would it be a difficult feature to add?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PC Desktop Software for DreamStation
I don't know how difficult it would be to add bluetooth. I could see that being some form of an importer plugin but given the amount of work he has right now, it would be a "request for enhancement" that probably wouldn't be addressed in the near future.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking of getting a Dreamstation (got a ResMed Airsense 10 instead) partially because of the bluetooth, but then decided, bluetooth has a limited range, so you'd either have to take a laptop to the machine (if you don't have a PC right next too the machine) or take the machine to your computer.... too much bother. Wireless SD card so much more convenient.

Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, 30 feet is not very far and I doubt they would put a class 1 radio in it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
One problem that I see with this idea: I don't believe the Flow Rate data is transmitted wirelessly by either the Resmed machines or the PR machines using their modems and/or the bluetooth ability. And to get the full set of data, SH wants that Flow Rate data. On the PR machines, you can get some of the daily detailed data without the flow rate: The event table and the pressure and leak graphs will show up. But that's about all. For the Resmed machines, if there's no Flow Rate data for the day, you only get daily summary data---the stuff that shows up in the left side bar of the daily detailed data page.

The wireless SD cards get around this limitation because the card itself is transmitting anything on the card as I understand it.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 846 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 153 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 590 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,080 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,280 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,185 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 751 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.