Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PC connection Weinmann SOMNObalance fails
PC connection Weinmann SOMNObalance fails
I downloaded and installed WEINMANNsupport, however, I have problems with the communication between the Weinmann SOMNObalance and my laptop. I wanted to buy the Weinmann converter cable USB-RS485, but couldn't find it anywhere on the internet.

I tried it with a Davis A.T. adapter, which looks similar, but that didn't work.

Does anybody know how to get a Weinmann converter cable USB-RS485 or how to to connect the Weinmann SOMNObalance on an alternative way to a laptop?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PC connection Weinmann SOMNObalance fails
I hope I did not misunderstand you.  If you know the Weinmann's pinouts, have you thought about something like this, I found it on Amazon? Of course, you will need to know the protocols to communicate.
https://www.amazon.com/Industrial-USB-RS...4296&psc=1
[Image: 71yNeQMaSIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I found similar devices, but I don't know the Weinmann pinouts.

I am now thinking about a combination of an USB to RS485 adapter (amazon.nl/dp/B07SK1D163/?coliid=I1F3X1C2KWH8UE&colid=3OIXGSWS7R8II&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) in combination with a RJ12 to RJ45 cable (onlinekabelshop.nl/rj12-rj45-kabel-3-meter) (the SOMNObalance has a RJ12 port).
Post Reply Post Reply
They don't make anything easy, do they?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this helps: 

1  Analog Ch2
2 +12V
3 RS485-A
4 RS485-B
5 Common/Ground
6 Analog Ch2

Pin 1 closest to front of unit. 

Hope the attached JPG is viewable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Is it realy work?

I try todo that, but it das'nt work.
The problem is not on Weinmann pinouts.

The problem is on spezial "Konverterkabel USBRS485" WM 93321.

WM 93321 is WM 93318 + WM 93319

Were cann I bay it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem AndyB 18 2,451 06-04-2023, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New Router Lost FlashSD Connection gumleafau 2 485 03-28-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Please add Weinmann/Lowenstein Prisma to OSCAR Budgie 17 3,193 12-16-2022, 07:12 AM
Last Post: JonPinner
  Weinmann prisma TS software [newer version 5.5.0.36 now available - see post 29] Mala 42 29,586 07-15-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Druwan
  Data Import Issue - Somnobalance e KOKO 3 661 09-29-2021, 08:05 PM
Last Post: KOKO
  OSCAR Screenshot Save Fails under Crostini Linux anderson5420 7 932 03-29-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: anderson5420
  Weinmann Somnobalance E to OSCAR - import of dates and data not correct A KLERK 18 2,706 03-16-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.