Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PDF to Word Converter
I need to know if there is a way to convert from PDF to word in the dreaded windows 8.1. I know there is software out there, some free, but, I don't know how reliable, safe it is to download it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Acrobat (not just the reader) on my machine; and I just do a save as other -->"word document."
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried any of the free online converters. You can just upload your PDF document and they will email you back a word document. You may have to look for one that uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR), if you think that you will need to edit the word document, as I'm not sure how well they work now days. If it doesn't work, you can always email the PDF document to someone that has Adobe Acrobat and let them save it to a Word file for you. Good luck!
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

I use a piece of purchased software called PDF Converter Professional by Nuance. I use an older version. It was not awfully expensive. I find that has all of the features of the full Acrobat.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all that replied. I downloaded a 30 day trial version of Adobe Acrobat and got the job done. It was the easiest and most cost effective way to do this.

Thanks again. Appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should have installed it in a VM with a snapshot before hand so you'll always have the ability to 30-day trial it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

LibreOffice will read PDF, but it's a bit problematic. It also makes it a "draw" document instead of a "writer" document, so getting it into "doc" format may be problematic as well.

However, it's free.

BTW, if you don't have LibreOffice, get it. It's a free alternative to Microshaft Office, and we need to do everything we can to hasten the death of MS Office.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2015, 03:45 PM)archangle Wrote: LibreOffice will read PDF, but it's a bit problematic. It also makes it a "draw" document instead of a "writer" document, so getting it into "doc" format may be problematic as well.

However, it's free.

BTW, if you don't have LibreOffice, get it. It's a free alternative to Microshaft Office, and we need to do everything we can to hasten the death of MS Office.

I agree. I have a dvd of our grandchildren that was at a park with a bungee jump and several other rides and in 8.1 there is no dvd player and when I used another one, one of the rides is missing and it was the one that was the best one. I told the place where I bought my laptop to set it where it would not change it to windows 8.1 and they ignored me. I am resentful of paying for office and since I have word and excel sheets that are crucial and sometimes I can't view them because I did not renew my subscription except for one month when I needed to for a specific reason.

I will look into that program soon. thanks for your suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
M$ also has Excel and Word viewers. At least you should be able to open the documents. As for a DVD player I use the VLC media player. Plays just about anything and it's free.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Why are people starting sentences with the word "So..."? SuperSleeper 74 5,113 03-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Which version of M$ Word? PaulaO2 18 2,450 12-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How to convert pdf to word? Alanw12 6 2,605 05-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Last Post: mckevin32