Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PG&E: free battery for CPAP users suffering power outages in California
RE: PG&E: free battery for CPAP users suffering power outages in California
srlevine1.....

"I still wonder why they call storage devices "battery-powered generators?"

It sounds 'greener' Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: PG&E: free battery for CPAP users suffering power outages in California
I'm with you Crimson Nape, I wish I had a first world power company. And good point on the DC/DC converter, srlevine1.

I think the word "battery generator" is right for this product category. They're marketed as a replacement for a small generator for off-grid usage. The people who buy them mostly seem to pair them with solar panels for charging. They are a lot more complicated than a simple UPS battery backup.

I'm not aware of any mandate that PG&E give these out. I suspect they're being proactive as a way to head off liability. The last thing they need is a news story about a ventilator patient dying because they turned the power grid off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 11 makes "puffing" sounds after power off alexbtr 3 283 9 hours ago
Last Post: alexbtr
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 11 battery backup Sleep Tide 83 16,665 08-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Last Post: BuffaloBob
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,263 214,277 08-06-2022, 11:02 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [CPAP] Transcend mini auto - Battery Power Question Bilzer 0 147 07-23-2022, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Bilzer
  WISP Nasal Mask users Gus Wah 5 207 07-23-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  How much real autonomy time will my battery have with CPAP? A brief study Joshua Miller 4 200 07-20-2022, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Joshua Miller
  Users of F20 AirTOUCH cushion how long does yours last? Labromaniac 13 561 07-13-2022, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.