Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PG&E: free battery for CPAP users suffering power outages in California
RE: PG&E: free battery for CPAP users suffering power outages in California
srlevine1.....

"I still wonder why they call storage devices "battery-powered generators?"

It sounds 'greener' Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PG&E: free battery for CPAP users suffering power outages in California
I'm with you Crimson Nape, I wish I had a first world power company. And good point on the DC/DC converter, srlevine1.

I think the word "battery generator" is right for this product category. They're marketed as a replacement for a small generator for off-grid usage. The people who buy them mostly seem to pair them with solar panels for charging. They are a lot more complicated than a simple UPS battery backup.

I'm not aware of any mandate that PG&E give these out. I suspect they're being proactive as a way to head off liability. The last thing they need is a news story about a ventilator patient dying because they turned the power grid off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 98 1 hour ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,328 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,087 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,822 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.