Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PHILIPS DREAMSTATION 2 vs RESMED AIRCURVE 10 VAUTO
PHILIPS DREAMSTATION 2 vs RESMED AIRCURVE 10 VAUTO
After about 9 mos., I finally received my recall replacement for my old DS, a DS 2. In the meantime, I had already received a replacement from my insurance and got a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto and have been happy with that so far. I am just wondering if there is any advantage to switching to the DS2 at this point. Would appreciate some feedback on both to make a determination.

Also, Philips is asking for me to return my old DS. Does anyone know what happens if you don't (they don't provide any other instructions other than to return it)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PHILIPS DREAMSTATION 2 vs RESMED AIRCURVE 10 VAUTO
IF, that's a big IF, you are having issues with the breathing pattern of the different algorithms and have exhausted help here on the VAuto, maybe, it then bebomed a personal call.
In general a choice between an APAP and a BiLevel the BiLevel wins hands down as it is more flexible and capable.

Keep your DS2 as a backup should your VAuto be out of service for any reason.

On the DS1 people are going both ways. If you are involved in legal action your DS1 is potentially evidence. Others have defoamed them and are keeping them as backups. And some are returning them. Me, returning it for a viable backup seems like a fair trade. In the end it is your call.
Post Reply Post Reply
My replacement DS2 came with an instruction sheet (see attached image) and a FEDEX prepaid return label. I had given thought to keeping the DS1 as a spare, but presumably the returned units were being refurbished to be replacements to others that need the capabilities of this type of CPAP, so I felt I might be helping someone to perhaps get quicker a replacement that is need of one. Keeping the DS1 would be just one more thing I'd need to find a place for to store it and at the point I'm at in life, I'm trying downsize what I have.
If there was no prepaid shipping label included to return the old machine, I certainly wouldn't foot the bill for shipping back the old unit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I painstakingly removed the foam in my DS1 thinking I was going be stuck with it for a lot longer, so probably not something I would want to return. Maybe keep it as back up or sell it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would keep it. It's good to have a backup machine in case your better one breaks down.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 571 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.