Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help transitioning from Dreamstation to Airsense 10 Auo-set
RE: Help transitioning from Dreamstation to Airsense 10 Auo-set
First the numbers are good, how do you feel?

At this stage how you feel is more important than your numbers. ANY changes made sould be compared to the current settings. The question now becomes which feels better?

The only change is see right now would be to boost your min. It may or may not work and which to keep depends on which feels better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel approximately the same as when I was on the PR Dreamstation -- some issues w sleepiness during the day but not overwhelming. That said, if boosting the min might help me feel better still, I'll give it a try for a week and see. At some point I want to learn how to properly interpret my Oscar data, but will read all I can first and then start a new thread if I'm still unclear. I'll post back to this one after a week w the min bumped up.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't bump up too high... take it slow as you don't want to trigger Aerophagia.
It's currently at 8cm, so try 8.4 for a few days, if all's well, go to 8.6, then head towards 9cm minimum.

Back off if you have problems with Aerophagia.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Gideon @OpalRose @staceyburke

Just to followup, thank you all for your guidance. Everything's going great w AirSense.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 92 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 650 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 278 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,037 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.