Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Regarding the recent Philips PAP machine recall and the response by Philips, how likely are you to purchase Philips products in the future?
This poll is closed.
Will consider Philips PAP machines & accessories
22.56%
30 22.56%
Will consider Philips PAP accessories, but avoid Philips machines
26.32%
35 26.32%
Will avoid most or all Philips Respiratory products
51.13%
68 51.13%
Total 133 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PHILIPS SYSTEMS RECALL - Future Purchases [POLL]
RE: PHILIPS SYSTEMS RECALL - Future Purchases [POLL]
I just tried it as a member, and this option isn't displayed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 02:30 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I just tried it as a member, and this option isn't displayed.

Thank you for checking.

(- Additional modification request details removed as no longer applicable. - )
Post Reply Post Reply
The ability to perform certain functions such as editing posts or changing (undoing your vote in a poll) is based on membership level.

WakUpTime,
I have edited your post as requested. Let me know if that's ok. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 03:44 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
WakUpTime,
I have edited your post as requested.  Let me know if that's ok.  Smile

Yes OpalRose, it's great.

Thank you for your lightning fast response to my modification request.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 03:49 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Yes OpalRose, like everything else that you've ever said in the past, it's absolutely perfect.

I'm sure there are some that would disagree with you...  Smile  but Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I redid my vote successfully. I clicked here for Undo Vote

See image

[attachment=33368]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sister has a Philips DS1 but I helped her switch over to use my mother's previous AS10 (I had Mom keep it as a backup for her). Turns out it was more useful sooner than we expected. A friend with a DS1 called his DME and they said he could decide if he wanted to keep using his DS1 or go without PAP..... pretty stark reply. I can imagine the lawyers, insurance companies and Philips preparing for battle while the customers are left in the dark.

Are there online sites more favorable to find used machines than Ebay, Craigslist or FB Marketplace?
Post Reply Post Reply
Give Supplier #2 a call. They can possibly give better pricing over the phone and you can get them to check hours on the PAP. They sell new or lightly used.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2021, 08:13 AM)coldfeet7 Wrote: My sister has a Philips DS1 but I helped her switch over to use my mother's previous AS10 (I had Mom keep it as a backup for her). Turns out it was more useful sooner than we expected. A friend with a DS1 called his DME and they said he could decide if he wanted to keep using his DS1 or go without PAP.....  pretty stark reply. I can imagine the lawyers, insurance companies and Philips preparing for battle while the customers are left in the dark.

Are there online sites more favorable to find used machines than Ebay, Craigslist or FB Marketplace?

I just purchased an S10 for her (new [Commercial Link Removed] Supplier #29) for $800, but it's going up in price.  They have used machines at secondwindcpap, but they're about the same price as the new one I bought.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
This poll has now reached an interesting milestone, now that 100 votes have now been cast.  It's an interesting sampling of 100 ApneaBoard member opinions on the current state of their purchase interest in Philips-brand PAP systems and related accessories - immediately following the Philips recall announcement and Philips follow-up actions to-date.  

Poll results may change over time as Philips, and/or other parties, begin implementing any actual "fix" to the problems associated with its use of defective foam in its recalled Philips PAP systems, produced from 2009 to 2020.

Interestingly, since the onset of the poll, the results have continually tracked almost identically to today's summary, with approximately 25% of poll respondents indicating that they would consider purchasing a Philips PAP system in the future, while 75% indicating they would likely avoid purchasing Philips PAP systems in the future.

Quote:
[Poll]: Regarding the recent Philips PAP machine recall and the response by Philips, how likely are you to purchase Philips products in the future?

Will consider Philips PAP machines & accessories = 24%
Will consider Philips PAP accessories, but avoid Philips machines = 26%
Will avoid most or all Philips Respiratory products = 50%

[*At 100 ApneaBoard member votes]

*Comments related to the Philips PAP Systems Recall, 
rather than this Philips polling thread, 
can more appropriately be made at:

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,831 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,057 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,120 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,124 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 235 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.