Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PLEASE HELP!!!! CAN'T GET ENCORE BASIC FILES TO EXTRACT AFTER DOWNLOAD
RE: PLEASE HELP!!!! CAN'T GET ENCORE BASIC FILES TO EXTRACT AFTER DOWNLOAD
(02-21-2015, 11:01 PM)lsteele75 Wrote: None of the suggestions have worked, so I'm starting over with downloading the program again. Do I want to open, save, or save as once it's downloaded????

save the download which will be a Zip file. Double click and open the archive. You should be able to execute EB/setup.exe from the archive. Or extract the contents to a folder, then execute the setup
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did that. When I click on the folder, it contains the files autorun.inf, ResScan.ico and setup.exe. I extracted all files from each, which results in a folder called 31302_ResScan_5.3. When I double-click the folder, it says, "this folder is empty." WTF??????????????
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been trying in vain since yesterday to get ResScan and/or Encore Basic installed on my PC. I keep finding myself going in circles, repeating the same infuriating cycle of saving, extracting, and then finding that the folder to which the extracted info was sent is supposedly empty. This has served absolutely no purpose other than to really p*** me off and cause my blood pressure, which is usually normal, to shoot up sky high. I thank everybody who submitted comments and tried to help Thanks, but I know when I'm beat. I give up. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Open the archive, run EBsetup.ext by double clicking. The installation will first extract the files, then continue with InstallShield. You should not have to find the extracted folder.

The program may already be installed. Go to Start/All Programs/Respironics/Encorebasic/EncoreBasic. If you see the program, click on it to start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
WISH I could have been so lucky as to find it already installed, but it's not there. I'm familiar with how to install programs from zip files, but for whatever reason, I have been utterly unable to get this one to cooperate. All of my attempts to do so have been an exercise in futility, and my blood pressure is still off the charts from dealing with this for the past couple of days. However, I thank you for your optimism and your suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I, too, am moderately competent at computer stuff but have the exact same problem as the person who cannot extract EncoreBasic files. My solution? I have finally said the hell with it. Life is too short.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just downloaded EncoreBasic and installed it OK. I have a Windows 8.1 computer so I extracted it with the default Windows zip extraction tool (whatever that is).

After poking around at EncoreBasic for 15 minutes I found EncoreBasic to be frustrating to use compared to SleepyHead. EncoreBasic generates PDF reports whereas SleepyHead has graphs that you can interact with. In general I found SleepyHead to be easier to use and it gave better information.

One hassle I had to overcome after installing the latest version of SleepyHead two weeks ago is that I got an error when starting it saying a MSVCP120.dll is missing. To solve that I had in install a small update "Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013"

Edit 1: When I got my CPAP machine it had a sticker on it advertising SleepMapper, but after googling around a bit it sounds like SleepMapper is really basic and doesn't give you the kind of information that you really want to see like you get with SleepyHead.

Edit 2: I'm a software programmer and it is kind of interesting comparing EncoreBasic to SleepyHead. You can tell that SleepyHead was written by a person that wanted to know what was happening during their sleep whereas EncoreBasic was written by programmers who were told to write "client tracking" software.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 399 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Basic question after night #1 Jskier 33 2,146 01-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 602 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 439 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  New Member with Basic Questions CajunKev 15 1,087 04-20-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: CajunKev
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 741 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  [Treatment] Bobby J's Sleep Files Bobby J 3 490 03-16-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bobby J

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.