Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PLEASE HELP WITH MY FIRST SLEEPYHEAD SCREENSHOTS
PLEASE HELP WITH MY FIRST SLEEPYHEAD SCREENSHOTS
Hi!
I just learned how to take screenshots from Sleepyhead software.
Could you Please have a look at this and give me some feedback?
My pressure is now fixed in 13,6 and even though my AIH numbers are low I still get Up with headaches, dizzyness and feeling really tired most of the days. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Greetings from Spain,

[img][Image: ZXLYiUfl.png?1][/img]

[Image: Eg5n6Kkl.png]

[Image: taHUC2zl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PLEASE HELP WITH MY FIRST SLEEPYHEAD SCREENSHOTS
Nito,
Have you tried using the Auto mode? It’s possible you don’t need as high a pressure as your using.

Either lower straight pressure to 12, watch and adjust down as needed, or try Auto with minimum at 10 and maximum at 15.

The mask leaks may lessen too with a lower pressure.

If you need ramp, the machine will work more efficiently when the ramp is closer to the minimum pressure.

Yes, your AHI is low, but you need to find out why you are still tired and wake up with headaches and dizziness.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose Thanks for replying so quickly. 
I had AutoMode before and I had more events .
It turns out my machine on Auto never hits the maximum pressure set and it always stays on low numbers. When it was close to 13 I had less events, thats why They changed it to a fixed pressure of 13,6. Still,  I have only been two weeks with this new pressure. 
Ramp is already on.
Maybe I need to give it more time.
Thanks again for replying.
Any other comments will be very welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, keep us posted of your progress.

As far as dizziness and headaches...I keep thinking High Blood Pressure. Is that a problem for you?
Have you been checked? See your Doctor if that continues, because those symptoms usually disappear after starting therapy.

Good Luck Nito. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From your current chart, you still have flow limitations (limit de flujo), and in Autoset mode, those should have increased pressure. Your results look good, but you're not feeling rested. I think getting leaks under control will help you avoid sleep disturbance. Your time of use has greatly increased, and you are not breaking therapy like you did a few weeks ago, where the sessions show a lot of fragmentation. There are still a couple breaks during the night.

I think you have your events well controlled, and now the focus needs to be comfort. You may want to try EPR of 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose,
I used to have high blood pressure before but since I started using my cpap all Night Long it went down and it has stayed so far under control (12/7) Actually I used to take Ramipril before but my doc removed it when he saw I was being more compliant.
Thanks again for your comments.
I will try to keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider Thanks for your reply.
You are right in everything you say. 
I Just bought a new mask  (Mirage FX)and will try it tonight .Lets see if I get a better Sleep with that one. With the previous one (wisp) I always woke Up in the middle of the night because of the leaks or congested nose even though I use a nasal spray.
My EPR is now in 1.
Let me wait a couple of nights to change it.
How Could I benefit from this change?
I mean , What does it do exactly?
Thanks again for your help Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance you you have the mask too tight? I know I've gotten a headache when I over tighten.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had to tighten the wisp really hard to avoid the leaks.
Lets see how it goes tonight with my new mask.......
Thanks Walla Walla !

I had to tighten the wisp really hard to avoid the leaks.
Lets see how it goes tonight with the new mask.
Thanks Walla Walla!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2017, 01:53 PM)Nito Wrote: Sleeprider Thanks for your reply.
You are right in everything you say. 
I Just bought a new mask  (Mirage FX)and will try it tonight .Lets see if I get a better Sleep with that one. With the previous one (wisp) I always woke Up in the middle of the night because of the leaks or congested nose even though I use a nasal spray.
My EPR is now in 1.
Let me wait a couple of nights to change it.
How Could I benefit from this change?
I mean , What does it do exactly?
Thanks again for your help Sleeprider.

Hi Nito, good question.  Hypopnea is a reduction in respiratory volume, usually from transient obstruction or restriction in the upper airway.  Hypopnea seems to respond positively to either increases in minimum pressure, or in pressure support, which is the difference between the inhale (IPAP) and exhale (EPAP) pressure.  So by increasing the EPR, we can increase the pressure support a little, and since you don't have obstructive apnea, we are not concerned about the 1-cm reduction in EPAP that will occur.  Most people find EPR to be comfortable, and makes breathing with CPAP easier...so double bonus here.

I threw a bunch of acronyms at you, y se habla Espanol, so be sure to let me know if you need clarification.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 91 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Struggling with New Machine - Screenshots Posted mawaw1992 32 3,546 08-23-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  A recommended sleep tech (hired) to try to study my screenshots? koy23 2 572 04-01-2023, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR screenshots Greywolfe 6 507 09-16-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  OSCAR screenshots included - Optimizing ASV for UARS, RERA and early awakenings. d95p 1 742 08-17-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: d95p
  Where to post Oscar screenshots for review? koopas 17 1,559 11-30-2021, 08:06 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Suddenly feeling worse after 10 months of therapy? (w screenshots) sleepfordays 2 730 09-25-2021, 07:42 AM
Last Post: sleepfordays

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.