Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PLEASE HELP WITH MY FIRST SLEEPYHEAD SCREENSHOTS
RE: PLEASE HELP WITH MY FIRST SLEEPYHEAD SCREENSHOTS
Thank you OpalRose.
I couldnt make it without the tremendous help of the people in this forum
That keeps me motivated and after all it is your own health at stake here so it definitely is worth every effort.
Thanks again for your support. I will keep you posted daily.
Bye for now,
Post Reply Post Reply
Nito, you contacted me about the use of a nasal spray you are using. I'm going to reply on the forum because we have other members that can help you, and be helped by this information.

Oximetazoline, also in Afrin, should not be used for extended congestion relief because you become dependent on it, and it causes rebound congestion. Rhinitis medicamentosa (or RM) is a condition of rebound nasal congestion brought on by extended use of topical decongestants (e.g., oxymetazoline, phenylephrine, xylometazoline, and naphazoline nasal sprays). It is more than likely that your congestion is the result of using this spray, not humidity, and now you are facing the need to withdraw from this addiction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinitis_medicamentosa

Withdrawal is difficult. Some people are able to quit immediately, others use a slower withdrawal or one nostril at a time. It won't be much fun, but you must stop using this drug. Get saline drops to help, read information online, and get informed. Nasal pillows will help keep your sinuses open much better, consider getting them.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to consult the forum for help. This is not going to be easy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Thanks a lot for everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nito,
SleepRider is correct about the rebound effect of some of the decongestants. Early on for me, I was prescribed a nasal decongestant with a stern warning from my doctor to use only two to three weeks tops.

The problem is that they work, and you become dependent on them. You try to stop and get congested again. A definite rebound effect.

I’ve always had good results with a product called XLEAR nasal spray. Our member DariaVader originally recommended this product. You can find it on Amazon.

I use it morning and night. It is a safe saline spray with Xylitol.

Also use a nasal rinse every couple days...not the neti pot, just a squeeze bottle.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK Thank you both OpalRose and Sleeprider
I just ordered that on Amazon
Thanks again, you both saved my life!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling A little bit less congested today, Here is my latest Sleepyhead screenshot.
Sleeprider, what is a non-classified apnea? Never had any of those before.........
Thanks again for your time

[img][Image: 9ZQBjjul.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
Non-classified, or UA (unclassified apnea) in English machines is just an apnea of at least 10 seconds where the machine could not determine if it was obstructive or open airway. It is an apnea and scored in the AHI. At your very low event rate, no se importa.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2017, 10:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Non-classified, or UA (unclassified apnea) in English machines is just an apnea of at least 10 seconds where the machine could not determine if it was obstructive or open airway. It is an apnea and scored in the AHI.  At your very low event rate, no se importa.

Ok I guess I am still on the right track......
Thanks again for your kindness.
By the way, we say "No importa" (It doesnt matter) but still your Spanish is quite good!
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned by Opal Rose and Sleeprider, it has been my experience that a sinus rinse with a saline solution helps to reduce congestion and in my case also provides allergy relief. The Neil Med squeeze bottle works well with Neil Med saline packets. My ENT doctor also prescribed an additional compound pharmacy medication (not inexpensive) which I tried and discontinued, it did not seem to improve results.

This thread clearly illustrates the benefits of membership in the forum.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling good today. Congestion still there though. Latest screenshot:

[img][Image: 12jYIRDl.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 88 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Struggling with New Machine - Screenshots Posted mawaw1992 32 3,544 08-23-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  A recommended sleep tech (hired) to try to study my screenshots? koy23 2 572 04-01-2023, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR screenshots Greywolfe 6 504 09-16-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  OSCAR screenshots included - Optimizing ASV for UARS, RERA and early awakenings. d95p 1 740 08-17-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: d95p
  Where to post Oscar screenshots for review? koopas 17 1,556 11-30-2021, 08:06 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Suddenly feeling worse after 10 months of therapy? (w screenshots) sleepfordays 2 729 09-25-2021, 07:42 AM
Last Post: sleepfordays

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.