Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Which do you use?
This poll is closed.
CPAP
27.27%
12 27.27%
APAP
54.55%
24 54.55%
Bi-PAP
4.55%
2 4.55%
VPAP
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs
POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER AS A PART OF THE TREAD - PLEASE VOTE THE POLL QUESTION so your response will be tallied.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs
I have an apap that I use in cpap mode. Which should I check?
Post Reply Post Reply
Three days in and CPAP/APAP seem to be doing it for about 76% of folks out there.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
The poll is biased by an informed sample base.
What if the pole were taken in the Sears parking lot?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2016, 06:46 PM)justMongo Wrote: The poll is biased by an informed sample base.

Polls on forums like this are really only for fun. Not only is the population biased but also the sample isn't random.

When did you kidnap that Pole?

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I saw him eating a Polish sausage in the Sears parking lot... Unsure
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2016, 06:46 PM)justMongo Wrote: The poll is biased by an informed sample base.

Oh I understand that we gathered here are not a normal population.

I would actually suspect that the percentage of VPAP and BiPAP folks here are probably higher than most in the general population of CPAP users. Ours is a group of curious folk that want to know more than having a doctor tell them they need it and then having a therapist "mask on, push big button". And we all know that many many therapists will push off the cheapest, lowest end stuff they can get away with.

I think the "Mask on, push big button" crowd probably describes the overwhelming percentage of users. And as they are not likely to ask questions, they simply do what they are told and suffer on in silence, thinking the BigMed establishment has their best interests in heart, or just shelve their units. They would never move up to BiPAP or VPAP.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2016, 09:58 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I think the "Mask on, push big button" crowd probably describes the overwhelming percentage of users.

In ham radio, we called these people "appliance operators": those who simply wanted to talk on the radio and had little interest in the technical aspects of ham radio. I do believe that the vast, vast majority of CPAP users are appliance operators too. Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
"Appliance operators" - just like folks that buy a car and all they know is "key there, gas here, go pedal, stop pedal, turn thing. Not drivers - automobile operators.

I know this statement makes no sense, but maybe we're the odd ones. We started talking about battery backups and the next thing you know, somebody in the group has reverse engineered, peer reviewed and built a dang prototype of a manufacturer's power supply ......

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
The geek quotient on this board is pleasingly high. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question PHILIPS SYSTEMS RECALL - Future Purchases [POLL] WakeUpTime 56 7,196 08-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Last Post: josedeca
  [Diagnosis] POLL: Do you know of anyone who was NOT diagnosed with Apnea after a sleep "study"? S. Manz 28 2,372 07-28-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll RayBee 11 4,107 05-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry [News] ELON MUSK TAKES CRAP FOR DELIVERING BI-PAPS srlevine1 2 971 04-16-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: sleepyp
Exclaimation [News] New Poll is in the Works PollCat 10 1,836 11-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  [CPAP] Poll on ResMed N30i mask SarcasticDave94 22 4,552 03-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Last Post: elwoodpdowd
  Poll, what is your BMI? Kryogen 20 4,797 03-30-2018, 01:06 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.