Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

POP3 or IMAP
I finally caved in and got a smartphone... Iphone 6.

So, I own my own domain name strictly for the purpose of having a unique email address. I have used POP3 for incoming email using Outlook 2007 as my email client.

Now that I have the iPhone, I wish to have that email account on both my PC and my iPhone. I have two choices: 1) stay with POP3 and tell the iPhone email client to leave a copy on the server. Or, 2) Go to IMAP.

I tried IMAP; and am happy with how it works on the iPhone. I'm not so pleased with IMAP on Outlook 2007. Instead of pulling incoming mail every 5 minutes, Outlook seems to sync folders only upon a whim. Like, Saturday evening, it pulled an email sent Friday. WTH?

I'm sure some of you folks have worked out how to do this... Ideas?

Also, how do I move photos from my PC to my iPhone. I can navigate to the phones DCIM folder and pull photos from the iPhone; but the cursor changes to the crossed circle when trying drag a photo to the DCIM folder. I prefer to not load iTunes on the PC as I see it as a resource hog.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-04-2015 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
eplantz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: H5I
CPAP Pressure: 15-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: POP3 or IMAP
(10-04-2015 11:05 AM)justMongo Wrote:  Also, how do I move photos from my PC to my iPhone. I can navigate to the phones DCIM folder and pull photos from the iPhone; but the cursor changes to the crossed circle when trying drag a photo to the DCIM folder. I prefer to not load iTunes on the PC as I see it as a resource hog.

many people use DROPBOX. Install on both devices and it just syncs the folder contents. an account is free with a capacity of 2GB.
10-04-2015 11:25 AM
eplantz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: H5I
CPAP Pressure: 15-20

Other Comments:

Configure IMAP IDLE Push Email

The IDLE feature allows IMAP e-mail users to immediately receive any mailbox folder changes without having to click on a refresh button or have the e-mail client automatically connect to the server at intervals to poll for new messages.

Frequent polling is an inefficient use of network and mobile device battery resources. So Mobile device users are encouraged to use IMAP IDLE which is a very small efficient command request.

Configure your client for IMAP IDLE
Below is just a brief summary setup guide. Check your email client software documentation to find out more details if IMAP IDLE is supported and how to enable it.

Microsoft Outlook 2010
Send/Receive (tab) > Send/Receive Groups > Define Send/Receive Groups.
For each Group, Uncheck, Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes.
Click Close button.
Microsoft Outlook 2007

Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings.
Select Define Send/Receive Groups.
For each Group, Uncheck, Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes.
Click Close button.
10-04-2015 11:31 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

I used to use Thunderbird on linux... Pretty sure there is a Winders version too.

I signed up for google apps when it was still free and run my personal domain thru google. These days I just use the google web client, and have an android rather than an eye-phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjLEwZqcQI

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
10-04-2015 11:34 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

I've been Rickrolled by Daria!
Funny stuff!

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-04-2015 11:59 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Monitors

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

(10-04-2015 11:59 AM)justMongo Wrote:  I've been Rickrolled by Daria!
Funny stuff!
Nahhhhh the link has to be this one:

Rickrolling is an Internet meme[1] involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up"

10-04-2015 12:22 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I tried the email on my phone thing and didn't like it. Instead, I just use my gmail account and tell the handful of folks I care about that if they want to send me something important and bigger than text can handle, use that.

Since you have your own domain, you can set up another account just for your phone and do the same, even fwd to your phone the emails on your Outlook that you need to take with you on the phone. Or vice versa. That's what I do.

I use the Note 4 w/ Android.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

10-04-2015 01:34 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
CHanlon Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Activa LT
Humidifier: ResMed Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 12 -20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Mirage Activa LT nasal mask

I built an ISP from the ground up, in 1996, and ran it until 2010... so this is my humble opinion...

Using POP3 will eventually expose a weakness - your replies. Unless you routinely "reply all" you will end up with replies that you send scattered across multiple devices. And, unless you have one of your devices (probably the pc) set up to "removed messages from server after X days" you'll fill your storage space, eventually.

Using IMAP will eventually expose a weakness - unless you're ruthless about space management, you'll fill your storage space. IMAP saves everything at your mail server... nothing ever gets removed, including sent messages, unless you specifically delete them.

My solution would be to set up your domain hosting, and your domain hosted email... as you have. Do not use the iPhone email program... it's a nightmare if you use more than one email address. Install the GMail app. If you don't have a gmail account, get one. Go into the settings for your gmail account, click on "accounts and import." Under "Check Mail from Other Accounts" select "add a POP3 account that you own." Put in the email address, click next, enter the username and password and the other details as supplied by your domain hosting service. When you hit next it will ask if you want to be able to send email *as* this email address... you do. And uncheck the box that says something about treating this email as an alias.

Install gmail on everything.

Here's why - I've had gmail since it was in beta. I've never deleted a single message, other then junkmail. I currently have 6 email addresses set up to import into my single gmail account... but I've had up to 12. I currently am using 16% of the space I have available in my gmail account. My mail is available 24/7, anywhere I go, and that includes everything, business, personal, vanity domain, etc. It's all searchable - never delete, always Archive. And it's bulletproof... you'll never lose anything.
10-04-2015 01:54 PM
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

Abandon Outlook unless you're forced to use it for some reason. IMAP and Thunderbird are my choice unless I'm locked out somehow.

Apart from simple bad programming, I seem to remember reading that Microshaft had deliberately sabotaged some IMAP functions in Outlook to try to force you to use their proprietary protocols.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
10-04-2015 08:06 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Monitors

(10-04-2015 08:06 PM)archangle Wrote:  Abandon Outlook unless you're forced to use it for some reason. IMAP and Thunderbird are my choice unless I'm locked out somehow.

Apart from simple bad programming, I seem to remember reading that Microshaft had deliberately sabotaged some IMAP functions in Outlook to try to force you to use their proprietary protocols.

some of us call it outhouse....

[Image: outhouse_gotago.jpg]

10-05-2015 12:27 AM