Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

POSSIBLE UARS from SLEEP STUDY. PLEASE HELP!
RE: POSSIBLE UARS from SLEEP STUDY. PLEASE HELP!
It's possible I had the incorrect nasal pillows. Ordered a size larger to see if that was the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems the majority of users of the mask like this order a size of cushion smaller than needed. I'd say your action to try larger is a good idea. Take another swing at it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I nearly always suggest a larger nasal pillow size than you think you need. It increases the airflow and seals better. Also, don't hesitate to wear the mask with the machine running as you watch tv or something. You need to learn how to control and use the air pressure to your advantage, You know you're in control when you can manage the pressure to talk intelligibly and sip a drink with a straw. The first attempts may be amusing, but you can do this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You were right.  I ordered a size larger and the CPAP is letting me know it's sealed now.  Hopefully second go around tonight proves successful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Second night was slightly better. I needed 10 hours of sleep, but that was partially due to tossing and turning. I did have a lot of vivid dreams and no headache, but concerned that at some point the seal broke, as that's what the display showed when i woke up. I ordered a USB to SD converter to run data out of OSCAR. Will the report show instances where my seal broke? That would be most helpful. My game plan tonight is to move my machine closer to me as to limit the number of times the air seal breaks off because my most comfortable position is turned away from the CPAP sleeping on my right side creating the most distance between myself and the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
leaks will show up in the Oscar report as a separate graph as well as large leak events. To have the hose move with you, consider hanging it from the headboard or wall. A simple lanyard works great and a 3M Command Hook will hold it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at OSCAR over the last few days, it looks like i get some serious mask leaks. My percentage for each day has been over 35%. There are periods where there are no leaks registered, since I'm using the nasal pillows, is it very possible i'm mouth breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
As I understand it, if you'd look at the OSCAR rendering of the leak graph, leaks depicted as sharp spikes are going to be mask leaks. The more elongated rounded leak traces are mouth leaks. Put the OSCAR up and we can show you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is typical of air getting past the tongue and blowing through your mouth. It happens to all of us with nasal therapy, but it is more frequent and longer lasting for you than is ideal. I bet you have some epic cotton mouth sometimes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 77 5 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 968 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 172 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 244 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 534 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 626 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.