Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR DreamStation feedback requested preferably from users but others welcomed
RE: PR DreamStation feedback requested preferably from users but others welcomed
(11-09-2015, 03:02 PM)esrepairman Wrote: I cannot be certain, but this may be due to the fact that you LCD display gives you up to the minute data, and the app is dependent upon whether or not the modem in your CPAP has downloaded data yet. It does not automatically transmit data as soon as you turn it off. It is supposed to do it sometime at least 30 minutes after the machine is turned off, but with all of the software updates that Respironics has been doing the last few weeks, sometimes there might be a day or two lag in your data being uploaded to their website. You can go into My Provider and manual upload data, but they have had some trouble with this as well.
I agree their app leaves a lot to be desired. Any good DME should be able to mail/fax/email you a more detailed report at your request.
I've been using DreamMapper for about 4 weeks on both my cell phone and computer and haven't had a day where it didn't update sometime in the morning. Of course if you're impatient you can transfer the data to your computer with the SD card. The machine displays the AHI for the current session while the AHI shown in DreamMapper is a noon to noon number. For example the other night I got up in the middle of and stopped the machine at which point the AHI read 10.5. In the morning it read 10. When uploaded to DreamMapper it was 10.3.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR DreamStation feedback requested preferably from users but others welcomed
I use my smartphone as my alarm clock and it sits next to my DreamStation, which has built in bluetooth. I just open the DreamMapper app when I wake up and it automatically transfers the data. I do agree that the machine LCD most likely displays last session, meaning from the time you press the button to turn it on, to the time you press it again to turn it off, so if you get up a few times during the night, you may get higher AHI#'s for that session, than the apps total night average. I wish there was a setting to choose either session or nightly avg. My session vs app AHI is usually more than double.

I also read that if when you wake up and hit the send to provider button soon after, the machine will remember that time and use it to send future info to the app.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2015, 02:25 PM)DocWils Wrote: If you do not have the Dreamstation available to you yet, I suggest the PRS 60 with AFlex - this is the predecessor of the Dreamstation, it has everything you mentioned above, just a different exterior design. it is a sturdy and reliable machine, quiet, and efficient with a full reporting of events. The major difference,besides the box it is housed in, is the possibility, with an add-on, of direct oxymetry with Philip's own oxymeter, a rather expensive option that you won't be able to get in Canada without a prescription. In addition, some have reported the Dreamstation to emit a whine at higher pressures, which the PRS60 does not, it is a problem related to the overhaul of the air intake in the new design and so unlikely to be fixed in the near future, as it would require a redesign of the shell again.

I am not familiar with the PR line of products and when I google PRS 60 with AFlex I do not get a specific machine it just leads me to Philips Respironics... I am also thinking you are mentioning an Auto CPAP machine perhaps which I am unable to get at this time...?

Are PR more dependable than ResMed products?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,710 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 606 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 287 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 316 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 366 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,171 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 552 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.