Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR Dreamstation
I have a new Dreamstation looking for compliance software so i can keep D.O.T. off my back any help would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are different flavors of the Dreamstation. Fixed pressure Pro, and the auto CPAP are full data macines offering complete feedback on compliance as well as treatment efficacy (AHI, types of apnea, respiratory flow, pressure, flow limitation, snores, respiratory rate, volume etc) If you have the Dreamstation CPAP, you can get compliance data for D.O.T. but there is no efficacy data.

SleepyHead is a free software that is easily installed on mac and PC computers and can download data from the SD card in your machine. If you want to use the manufacturer's software, then EcoreBasic will give you both compliance and efficacy reports. It is available from the forum at this link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nly-thread

Chances are, complaince information is automatically sent to your supplier, and they can be authorized to share the information with D.O.T. You may want to ask the place you got your machine if this is a service they provide.

Welcome to Apneaboard. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you read the fine print, Sleepyhead is not certified for use where compliance data is required for Government authorities, if I recall correctly.

Sleepyhead is a great program to use yourself to monitor your own progress though.

And strangely, the clinic that downloads my data for compliance says Sleepyhead is actually more detailed than the official compliance program they use.

Welcome to the group, you will get a lot of great information and support here.
Post Reply Post Reply

The sleep clinic I use prints the reports I need to show DOT compliance, at no cost to me. I just take my sd card from the machine to them. I took a compliance report to the doctor who does our DOT physicals on the first visit after I was diagnosed. He seemed very appreciative and surprised that I had brought it in. Apparently he usually has a hard time getting people to get serious with their treatment and getting him the reports he needs to certify them.

You may or may not need to report your sleep apnea diagnosis to the DMV. I think it varies from state to state.
Post Reply Post Reply
FAA (part of DOT) accepts Sleepyhead generated reports.

If you got your machine from a DME, even an on-line DME, they can generate reports using the machine manufacturers s/w.

The on-line DME I use says they can take an emailed copy of the SD card data and print reports. I haven't tried that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepyHead & Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV Greggory 1 49 10-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Greggory
  EncorePro 2.2 [no data available on Dreamstation Auto SV?] RLSdss 5 181 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  DreamStation BT Pairing code? grahamwright1 3 241 10-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Last Post: xntrick
  Anyone have a Mac and Dreamstation ASV? tjwoody 4 363 09-13-2017, 07:57 PM
Last Post: tjwoody
  Philips respironics Dreamstation BiPap auto SV ADVANCED woolno 4 392 09-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: gtrlum
  Flow Limit Graph ? Dreamstation RustySocket 2 202 09-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Last Post: RustySocket
  EncoreBasic and the DreamStation mraroid 7 351 09-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley