Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
PR Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
I starting out working with a local company concerning a sleep apnea diagnosis.  They believe I have obstructive sleep apnea and possibly central sleep apnea.  However after I saw their pricing structure and what they wanted to charge for further testing I quickly became disenfranchised with this company and decided to venture out on my own (not always the best solution by the way but in my case it was). I asked for a copy of my prescription and bought the Dreamstation BiPAP Auto through a Canadian online retailer.  I was able to get the entire package (heated tubing, mask, filters, wipes, machine for literally less than a third of the price for the base model of CPAP machine that they were offering.  But as I'm sure a lof of people have found out while the menu system is very straight forward and it is a very easy device to change settings on, being where I am with the local care provider I don't have a handle on starting configuration.  I have the machine on AutoB, I have the IPAP Max on 25 as from what I understand that will allow the machine to go up to 25 if for some reason it needed to.  What I'm really struggling with is the PS min and max numbers.  I have no idea what those should be to start out.  I have read explainations of these settings but I'm still no closer to deciding what I should have there.  Any help would be greatyly appreciated. 

Dreamstation bipap auto
brevida nasal pillows mask
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
I would start with 4 Minimum PS and 4 Maximum PS. It's a good place to start for the first week until you build up some data to go by. Also I wouldn't start any lower than 6cm on your minimum pressure due to the fact most people have a hard time breathing below that.

Also you want to download sleepyhead to track your data. The link is just below.

Welcome to Apnea Board!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  This gives me a starting point!!  And I've already downloaded the software.  With Sleepyhead do I need to manually get the data from the SD card?  Or can it be exported over Bluetooth?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to use a SD card. However you can buy a wireless SD card if you can connect to your computer. Checkout some of threads in the software support forum.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a work laptop that should work to read the data and then I can just email it to my desktop computer.  We'll see how that works, either that or I'll buy a USB card reader most likely.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Walla says, you will get good results using your auto BiPAP, however his suggestions for wide-open, default settings need to be considered a "trial". They may or may not work, and you should expect to further optimize that based on the results. I am in complete agreement with him, but want you to have realistic expectations that where you begin this journey may not be where you end up in terms of settings. The #Sleepyhead data will tell us what we need to know to quickly move you into a more narrow range that works better.

If your computer does not have a SD card slot, the easiest solution is to get a USB SD card reader. A wireless card is a neat idea, but you will be messing with settings to get it working. The less-expensive simple solution might be good-enough to start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may not get the bpap to do what you want it to do. You may need another machine if the CA stick around after 12 weeks. Given the considerable savings you made, you may be able to sell it locally and get most of your money to put into a other machine. If this turns out to be the case.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Theiceman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you familiar with this device at all?  It can function as a CPAP, bi level, bipap auto.  I'm not sure what you're saying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ajack knows quite a bit actually. What he's saying is we don't really know what your requirements are going to be. There's a small chance you might need a ASV machine if you were having a lot of central apena's instead of just obstructive apneas. The only way to find out though is to do what your doing. After you get some data recorded you can post it here and get some good advice on future settings. I wouldn't even worry about ASV machines for now. You can cross that bridge when you come to it. If you come to it. Hopefully not.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.