Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR Machine - System One Mask Resistance
This setting has always been shut off on my machine, but my DME told me to go ahead and turn it on. I'm using a Wisp mask at the moment--proper setting is X1. I turned it on this evening--am I going to see any changes? Not certain what it does..... Thanks for any information.
Post Reply Post Reply
it'll give you a *very* minor improvement in your pressure delivery, it's doubtful that you'll notice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you--wanted to know what to look for-thought it had something to do with pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Itll also make the timing etc more responsive and accuate if you are using any of the flex setting
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sidesleeper. I have the CPAP equivalent to your machine and I also use the Wisp. I discovered that the mask resistance was turned off in my machine, too. I just noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I was playing around in the clinician's menu. I turned it on and set it to X1. I forgot to make a note of what day I did it.

I can't say I've noticed any difference in how it feels to use my machine. I started off at 7.0 cm pressure originally and have gradually increased to 10.5 cm. I have stopped at 10.5 cm for now. I had my first AHI under 1 about a week ago, and things are generally looking much, much better than they did at 7.0 or even 9.0 cm pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] WANTED: CLINICIAN SETUP MANUAL for 60-series PR System One REMstar Plus w/ C-Flex SuperSleeper 1 69 Yesterday, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Central or Obstructive? and Machine&mask freedomland 4 208 08-09-2017, 01:05 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Using Bi-pap machine since April 2017 still trying to find the right mask Mouth Breather 9 313 08-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  Pilot-24 CPAP Battery System from Medistrom sonicboom 16 6,294 08-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 28 17,028 08-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  tear down of Philips Respironics PR System One AUTO 750P mraroid 8 311 07-30-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: mraroid
  [Equipment] PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) mraroid 33 782 07-24-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider