Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR Machine - System One Mask Resistance
PR Machine - System One Mask Resistance
This setting has always been shut off on my machine, but my DME told me to go ahead and turn it on. I'm using a Wisp mask at the moment--proper setting is X1. I turned it on this evening--am I going to see any changes? Not certain what it does..... Thanks for any information.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR Machine - System One Mask Resistance
it'll give you a *very* minor improvement in your pressure delivery, it's doubtful that you'll notice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you--wanted to know what to look for-thought it had something to do with pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Itll also make the timing etc more responsive and accuate if you are using any of the flex setting
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sidesleeper. I have the CPAP equivalent to your machine and I also use the Wisp. I discovered that the mask resistance was turned off in my machine, too. I just noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I was playing around in the clinician's menu. I turned it on and set it to X1. I forgot to make a note of what day I did it.

I can't say I've noticed any difference in how it feels to use my machine. I started off at 7.0 cm pressure originally and have gradually increased to 10.5 cm. I have stopped at 10.5 cm for now. I had my first AHI under 1 about a week ago, and things are generally looking much, much better than they did at 7.0 or even 9.0 cm pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,921 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,768 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 672 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.