Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Auto vs S9 Auto
RE: PR System One Auto vs S9 Auto
(08-02-2012, 07:15 PM)Sleepster Wrote: The PRS1 runs on the same 12 volts as the car, so the adapter doesn't have to do any voltage conversion. You can just hook one up directly to a 12 volt battery and you're good to go when in a pinch.

Yes, that is the feature that I liked about the PR. I just wish it did not keep me up. The car adapter for the S9 cost me over $100 out of pocket while the PR's would have cost about $6. Either way it provides a way to power the unit if we have a power failure as well as for travel.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2012, 06:40 AM)Moriarty Wrote: Its a pity that there is not a cross-reference between the various brands of masks for the System One Resistance setting. I wonder what a ResMed Mirage Liberty would have as a System One Resistance value...

You could look up the PRS1 Resistance for any Respironics mask that's similar.

It ain't rocket science.

If you have an APAP, or you have adusted the CPAP pressure yourself for optimum therapy, then there's no need to mess with the resistance setting. It would come in to play for you only if you switch masks. And even then, all you have to do is adjust the pressure by 0.5 cm to compensate. And if you have a APAP, it would presumably make the adjustment for you automatically.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2012, 02:29 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: In terms of these two machines, which provides the best data? As far as I can tell, they both do basically the same thing (blow air up my nose).

Supplier #2 on the supplier list has some gently used (minus humidifier) at a freakily good price. The DS550 auto for $300. Another commercial site has it new and with humidifier for less than $650. Way cheaper than the S9 Auto.

BUT, I know nothing about them. The Respironics website frustrates the snot out of me. I either get information way over my head or I get pretty words that tell me nothing.

Has anyone used both?

I am fairly certain the DME will not upgrade me at this point (but I will try) so I'll be paying out of pocket. I really want one that collects data. I'm on a mission to gain more control over my health and SA is the one area I am lacking the most.

-------

Hi Paula,

I have both of these machines. I started with the PRS1 and switched to the ResMed s9 Auto after about four months. They're both very good machines. One advantage of the s9 Auto is that it gives you last night's data whereas the PRS1 does not (it only provides the average for the last 7 and last 30 days). But if you download the Sleepyheads software, you can get last nights data for both.

Overall, I prefer the S9 Auto as it seems to work better - at least it does for me - but I use it in APAP mode.

Kadenz
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,976 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 669 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.