Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Auto vs S9 Auto
RE: PR System One Auto vs S9 Auto
Paula, zonk has a good point about the H5i humidifier... you can use the one you've got on the S9 AutoSet.... you'll also have basically the same power brick as a spare too, I think.

There's something to be said for redundancy and extra parts when needed.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, and I like the idea of using an old spare CPAP to dry out hoses after washing them. Wish I had one.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshots from the SleepyHead help files lead me to think that the PR System One Auto provides much the same data as my S9 Auto. If your primary interest is viewing therapy data on your computer, then I would say either machine is probably a good choice - ResScan/Encore depending on your' APAP machine, SleepHead or both.

I know if I were purchasing a new machine sans any interoperability consideration of pre-existing equipment, only my personal preference for buying Australian wherever possible would preclude the PR System One 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Tubing as being a serious purchase proposition for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2012, 06:38 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Paula, zonk has a good point
As the great Belgian detective would say "the little grey cells" are hard at work Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
I just called my DME and I've had the S9 for just over a year. It is "mine" now. Had I called back when I first starting contemplating this, they could have exchanged it. But, no, I had to procrastinate.

Anyway, they're going to give me prices on both of these. If they are low enough, I'll go local because getting stuff will be easier. Their refill guy is not that bright, bless his heart. He blames it on the computer not being update. Okay, we'll go with that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Respironcis closing the gap with the 60 series, They added heated tube and its available from Supplier #25 at incredible good price but unfortunately SleepHead doesn't support the 60 series yet and not sure if Encore viewer does either
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP with Heated Humidifier and Heated Tube $649
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just switched from a PRS1 Auto to a Resmed S9 Auto. It's too early for me to say whether the latter is better than the former, though it is quieter.

Where the S9 is better is when travelling. It feels lighter and only one power brick is necessary even with a humidifier whereas the PRS1 requires two. What's more, the S9 has a much, much better carry case, which makes it easy to travel with, but the PRS1 is, frankly, a pain to carry along with one's other luggage.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2012, 02:48 PM)Kadenz Wrote: Where the S9 is better is when travelling. It feels lighter and only one power brick is necessary even with a humidifier whereas the PRS1 requires two.

Huh? I have a PRS1 and it has just one power brick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2012, 02:29 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: In terms of these two machines, which provides the best data? As far as I can tell, they both do basically the same thing (blow air up my nose).

Supplier #2 on the supplier list has some gently used (minus humidifier) at a freakily good price. The DS550 auto for $300. Another commercial site has it new and with humidifier for less than $650. Way cheaper than the S9 Auto.

BUT, I know nothing about them. The Respironics website frustrates the snot out of me. I either get information way over my head or I get pretty words that tell me nothing.

Has anyone used both?

I am fairly certain the DME will not upgrade me at this point (but I will try) so I'll be paying out of pocket. I really want one that collects data. I'm on a mission to gain more control over my health and SA is the one area I am lacking the most.

Paula,
I just ordered a DS550 Auto from Supplier#2. It come with the humidifier, etc for $399. If you just go to their home page and scroll down about 2/3 of the way, it is the first unit under the Respironics section.
It is supposed to arrive by end of day on Tuesday.....because if they are still delivering it is not end of day....UPS can be so weird! BTW there was no tax or shipping (I think that is USA only folks) so the total price was the advertised price. How often does that happen?! And those folks are truly a joy to work with!

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2012, 04:04 PM)mjbearit Wrote: BTW there was no tax or shipping (I think that is USA only folks)
Its the same for Aussie folks no tax just $65 for shipping

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,380 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.