Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Auto with Bipap?
PR System One Auto with Bipap?
Me again. My borrowed system just gave me Bi-pap report on sleepyhead.This is a Remstar Auto A flex. I CHECKED THE manual nothing about bi-pap. This also happenned one night last week. I thought I pushed a wrong button.
Normally the report says Auto cpap. Is this why I had such a rough night?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One Auto with Bipap?
(04-02-2014, 07:34 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Me again. My borrowed system just gave me Bi-pap report on sleepyhead.This is a Remstar Auto A flex.
This is NOT your regular machine? It's a loaner while yours is in for repairs or some such thing????

Or is this your REGULAR system????

Which version of SleepyHead are you using? And have you looked at the same data in Encore???

Finally, check the model number on the MACHINE itself. Take the water tank out of the humidifier and turn the machine over and look for the model number. It will have some letters with a three digit number in the middle. What's the three digit number?

Post Reply Post Reply
Correction Bi-level not bipap.

Yes, this is a loaner macine so I can get some data before my doctors appontment
on April 11th.
I own a cpap - the brick version The borrowed macine is a ds560.
sleepy head is the most recentversion.
what is bilevel?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 08:42 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Correction Bi-level not bipap.

Yes, this is a loaner macine so I can get some data before my doctors appontment
on April 11th.
I own a cpap - the brick version The borrowed macine is a ds560.
sleepy head is the most recentversion.
what is bilevel?

The DS560 is the System One AUTO CPAP. It does NOT have any bi-level (BiPAP) capabilities. My guess is that you've hit some kind of SleepyHead bug if SH is trying to say the machine is a BiPAP.

Now if the DS560 is running in AUTO mode, you will have a min pressure and a max pressure setting. That's not the same the EPAP/IPAP settings a BiPAP uses. In Auto mode, there's one pressure level, but the one pressure level is allowed to auto adjust from the min pressure setting to the max pressure setting.

Have you downloaded Encore to see what it reports?

Note on PR model numbers:
Model DS 460 is the CPAP PRO that records full efficacy data
Model DS 560 is the AUTO CPAP, a full-flegded APAP
Model DS 660 is the BiPAP PRO---a fixed pressure bi-level device
Model DS 760 is the BiPAP AUTO---an auto adjusting bi-level device
Post Reply Post Reply
Ill download encore and letyou know.thanks.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,245 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 381 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.