Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Mask Resistance Settings
RE: PR System One Mask Resistance Settings
The Mirage Quattro is a Resmed mask. I found the info below in the manual. Is that what you need?

Resistance
Drop in pressure measured (nominal)
at 50 L/min: 0.5 cm H2O
at 100 L/min: 1.6 cm H2O
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know where to change the resistance control in the System One? I bought a new Respironics mask (Comfort Gel) and the air pressure is way too intense with the new mask. I read in the mask manual that I am supposed to change the resistance control to X1. I cant find an option for resistance control in the user menu or in the clinician setup menu. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2012, 01:07 AM)BiggZigg Wrote: Does anyone know where to change the resistance control in the System One? I bought a new Respironics mask (Comfort Gel) and the air pressure is way too intense with the new mask. I read in the mask manual that I am supposed to change the resistance control to X1. I cant find an option for resistance control in the user menu or in the clinician setup menu. Thanks for the help.
What machine are you referring S9 Elite (the one in your profile) or another machine PR System One

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2012, 01:07 AM)BiggZigg Wrote: Does anyone know where to change the resistance control in the System One?

Hi BiggZigg - Welcome

First, to get into the Setup Mode of PR System One CPAP, follow the directions on this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Note: You can also obtain a free Clinician Manual by following the instructions HERE. (The Clinician Setup Manual will help you with other settings as well).

Once in Clinician Setup Mode, in the Provider screen, highlight “Setup” and press the wheel. The following Setup screen will appear:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]

The screen will only show 4 lines at a time. As you rotate the wheel to toggle over different options the screen will slide up and down accordingly. If the text is too long to completely fit on the screen, it will scroll horizontally across the screen when highlighted.

Scroll down to "SYSTEM ONE resistance" - This setting allows you to adjust the level of air pressure relief based on the specific Respironics mask. Each Respironics mask may have a “System One” resistance control setting. System One resistance compensation can be turned off by choosing the setting “0”.

Note: The patient menu system also has access to this setting, if Lock SYSTEM ONE is off.

Below that menu item is where you'll find the option called "Lock SYSTEM ONE" - This enables you to lock the “System One” resistance control setting if you do not want the option to be changed within the patient menu.

Note: If you lock this setting, the patient will see a “lock” icon next to the setting.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Links keep going bad, here is a fresh one copied from our old forum
[Image: MaskSettingsforSystemOneResistanceC.jpg]
http://z5.ifrm.com/5902/67/0/p1031700/Ma...tanceC.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, thanks for posting that. I have never messed with that setting because I am using a ResMED mask and the only chart I ever found only listed the Resp masks by name, so I just never bothered. I wonder if there would be any noticeable difference if I set it to x1 since I am using pillows, not the Resp pillows, but a pillow is a pillow! Smile Maybe I'll try it out for a couple nights and see what happens! After everything else that has gone wonky lately, may as well try new setting too! LOL!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2014, 06:44 PM)mjbearit Wrote: I wonder if there would be any noticeable difference if I set it to x1 since I am using pillows, not the Resp pillows, but a pillow is a pillow! Smile

It'll lower the pressure by, I'd say, about 0.25 cm H2O.

It's all a gimmick, really. The idea is that the greater the restriction in flow (due to a nasal pillows mask as opposed to say a full face mask) the greater the pressure drop between the machine end of the hose and the patient end of the hose. As you dial up the resistance setting on the PRS1 machine you lower the pressure it delivers, compensating for this effect.

If you've tweaked your pressure settings to maximize your therapy, then you'll have to raise the pressure a tad to make up for the drop you create by turning on the System One Resistance.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that got changed back first thing this morning! I could not for the life of me maintain a good seal last night! Those little nasal pillows just kept losing their seal and waking me up! Okay, so now I know! I am back to where I was before that little experiment! But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. Not sure if it makes much difference or not. Will test it tonight.  Ray
Post Reply Post Reply
rather old posts, anyway: I tested a lot myself without talking to anyone, so These are my own findings:

The resistance Settings are having a major impact on the pressure curve, namely on the gradient of pressure change.
That is X1 being small in Change, X5 changing of pressure is very fast.
For my Eson mask and 22mm hose I have settled with X1 Setting. X2 being so quick on pressure built up, I already feel uncomfortable and unnatural, also resolving in CAs and alike, obvioulsly disturbing natural breath regulation.
0, X1, X2 might do for a typical nasal mask.
I later found out that Respironics is recommending X1 Settings for their nasal masks as well. Coincidence.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,617 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,175 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,164 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.