Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Pro (450) auto off
PR System One Pro (450) auto off
Has anyone with this machine been able to get the auto off function to work? We have enabled both auto on and off. It will turn on automatically when she puts on her mask but it will not turn off when she takes the mask off.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One Pro (450) auto off
I have the Respironics Sys One, but only use the Auto-on feature. I let it run if I get up during the night and manually turn it off in the am.

The following is copied from the provider manual, which you may already have..

>>Auto off- You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow off whenever the patient removes the interface (mask) from their airway.<<

Since the machine has to identify that the interface has been removed and not just leaking, perhaps it takes a minute or longer to recognize this and turn itself off.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 06:28 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: I have the Respironics Sys One, but only use the Auto-on feature. I let it run if I get up during the night and manually turn it off in the am.

The following is copied from the provider manual, which you may already have..

>>Auto off- You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow off whenever the patient removes the interface (mask) from their airway.<<

Since the machine has to identify that the interface has been removed and not just leaking, perhaps it takes a minute or longer to recognize this and turn itself off.

Actually I don't have the provider manual only the user manual. I have not been able to find a source. Where did you find it I would love to get a copy. I have let it run for a bit but I have not timed it. With her S9 it just took a few seconds for it to turn off.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Auto IQ manual is available via Email from this board:
CPAP Setup Manuals & Setup Directions
[scroll down to section three]
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 07:59 PM)zonk Wrote: The Auto IQ manual is available via Email from this board:
CPAP Setup Manuals & Setup Directions
[scroll down to section three]
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Thanks Zonk! I had followed that link, but I guess I never scrolled down far enough to see the information about requesting it via email. I just saw the .pdf that you could download for some models. I have requested the manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tested the auto off. I let it run and finally after about a minute and a half it did turn off.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Auto IQ is not real Auto and as you already have S9 Elite (fixed pressure machine) may be down the track real auto might come handy not just for the first 30 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 09:33 PM)zonk Wrote: The Auto IQ is not real Auto and as you already have S9 Elite (fixed pressure machine) may be down the track real auto might come handy not just for the first 30 days.

We may try the auto IQ. I Don't think her titration was accurate. Shechas been snoring like crazy I just bumped her pressure to 10 from 9. It is much better but she is still snoring a little bit. We will have to see what the data looks like in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2012, 01:14 AM)Rritch Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 09:33 PM)zonk Wrote: The Auto IQ is not real Auto and as you already have S9 Elite (fixed pressure machine) may be down the track real auto might come handy not just for the first 30 days.

We may try the auto IQ. I Don't think her titration was accurate. Shechas been snoring like crazy I just bumped her pressure to 10 from 9. It is much better but she is still snoring a little bit. We will have to see what the data looks like in the morning.

Things were MUCH better after I increased the pressure to 10. her overall AHI for the night was 2.9 (compared to 7 the night before) and her AHI after I increased the pressure was 1.77 (7 Hypopnea, 2 Obstructive, 2 Cental) Most of the events occurred prior to the pressure increase. Not only that but the snoring was almost completely eliminated and what was not was mild

Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have the Auto Off function enabled. Only Auto On.

I figure I can turn the machine off myself. Too-funny
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,613 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,092 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 376 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 298 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,157 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.