Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One REMstar 60 Series
PR System One REMstar 60 Series
Just to clarify things for myself about the confusing names of Respironics System One models.
My maching is listed as
Respironics PR System One REMstar Pro with C-Flex+

SN P06112207 D39A

This is the a picture of my label from the bottom.does this mean it is a 60 Series?

http://sdrv.ms/RU0gZL
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One REMstar 60 Series
It seem to me its the 60 series without the heated tube
I,ll have do further checking
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the model number is 461CA, which I assume means model 461 Canada. In the US we would see model 460P. This is a 60 Series machine as the older 50 Series machine has model number 450P. BTW, I see that the 450P is now available from Supplier #1 for $269. Wow!

The major difference is that the 60 Series can be outfitted with the heated hose. If your machine can be outitted with the optional heated hose, it's definitely a Series 60 machie.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: systemone_275x250.jpg][Image: ventilator-images.jpg]

The 60 Series heated tube humidifier is compatible only with the 60 Series machines
Here is the specifiaction and parts numbers for US (60) and Canada (61)
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/us_en/...8BAYqeUicw==

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....edTube.pdf

PRS1 Heated Tube
http://vimeo.com/41393273

Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, I checked with Respironics today and EncoreViewer does not work with the x6x series and they have no plans on making it work. I am out 100.00 on software I can't use. They would not even talk about refund or anything as they are not the retailer. I informed them that they better change their webpage and place a note on what units their software work on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 07:20 PM)jfmusil Wrote: By the way, I checked with Respironics today and EncoreViewer does not work with the x6x series and they have no plans on making it work. I am out 100.00 on software I can't use. They would not even talk about refund or anything as they are not the retailer. I informed them that they better change their webpage and place a note on what units their software work on.
SleepHead doesn't support 60 series yet
Members here said you need EncoreBasic or Encore Pro 2.8

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 03:55 PM)Sleepster Wrote: It looks like the model number is 461CA, which I assume means model 461 Canada. In the US we would see model 460P. This is a 60 Series machine as the older 50 Series machine has model number 450P. BTW, I see that the 450P is now available from Supplier #1 for $269. Wow!

The major difference is that the 60 Series can be outfitted with the heated hose. If your machine can be outitted with the optional heated hose, it's definitely a Series 60 machie.

(09-07-2012, 07:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 07:20 PM)jfmusil Wrote: By the way, I checked with Respironics today and EncoreViewer does not work with the x6x series and they have no plans on making it work. I am out 100.00 on software I can't use. They would not even talk about refund or anything as they are not the retailer. I informed them that they better change their webpage and place a note on what units their software work on.

Thanks Sleepster
Now I know for sure it is a 60 series

I did get the heated hose & a regular hose probably because they didn't have time to remove it & the system came in 2 boxes ( he did mention to me that they normally ship in 1 box) the humidifier had the regular hose & the CPAP with the heated hose.

I have been looking for Encore Pro 2.8 but it must be very new.
Thanks for the info
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 07:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 07:20 PM)jfmusil Wrote: By the way, I checked with Respironics today and EncoreViewer does not work with the x6x series and they have no plans on making it work. I am out 100.00 on software I can't use. They would not even talk about refund or anything as they are not the retailer. I informed them that they better change their web page and place a note on what units their software work on.

You are right their Respironics page is not very clear in what works with what in fact it is completely void of that kind of information.

I would be ticked off with spending 100.00 on software I can't use too Sad

I have sent multiple requests for information like about EncoreAnyware but never get any kind of response not even an e-mail confirmation.
I did find something saying it will only work in the US (So much for the any-ware)Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 07:20 PM)jfmusil Wrote: By the way, I checked with Respironics today and EncoreViewer does not work with the x6x series and they have no plans on making it work. I am out 100.00 on software I can't use.

Perhaps you can exchange it for EncoreBasic.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 60 series comes in two versions
1- Basic heated humidifier
This humidifier will not work with the heated tube, and will come with the 60 watt power cord and regular 15mm tube

2- Heated tube humidifier
This humidifier will work with the heated tube, and will come with the 80 watt power cord and heated tube.

60 Series Machine Only
This machine come with the 60 watt power cord and 15mm performance tubing and work with either humidifier,
as long as the right power cord is used.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,992 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,140 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 251 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.