Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One REMstar Auto software?
PR System One REMstar Auto software?
I am a six year hose head and just got this machine. My old device did not report AHI and I am curious to see some data. After six nights my AHI is zero. Is that possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum]
(11-13-2012, 09:49 AM)Billlee1955 Wrote: I am a six year hose head and just got this machine. My old device did not report AHI and I am curious to see some data. After six nights my AHI is zero. Is that possible?

Hi Billlee1955 welcome to the forum!

Go to this thread, which explains how you can download the SleepyHead software program that will work with your machine:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software [you'll need to login to your forum account]

Keep in mind that you will need an inexpensive SD-card reader attached to your computer to read the memory card that comes with your CPAP machine.

Also, since your PR System One is a "Series 60" machine you will have to install the "Series 60" patch as described in that link.

If you have further questions on using SleepyHead software, post your questions in this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-JediMark

Good luck! Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2012, 09:49 AM)Billlee1955 Wrote: After six nights my AHI is zero. Is that possible?
On occasion I had AHI zero but not possible every night ... below 5 is good result

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One REMstar Auto software?
(11-13-2012, 09:49 AM)Billlee1955 Wrote: I am a six year hose head and just got this machine. My old device did not report AHI and I am curious to see some data. After six nights my AHI is zero. Is that possible?

You may have wait a few days before the machine will calculate the AHI and display it on the machine's screen.

If you do get the software you'll be able to see the data for each day.

Have you checked to make sure the SD card is inserted in the machine?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One REMstar Auto software?
AHI of zero is entirely possible. I often have no apneas, but I usually have a few hypopneas. When you average several days, and round off, zero on the display is very possible.

Just for the heck of it, unplug your machine for about a minute and plug it back in. ResMed machines sometimes get "stuck" on zero, but I haven't heard of PRS1 machines having that problem.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2012, 03:06 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 09:49 AM)Billlee1955 Wrote: After six nights my AHI is zero. Is that possible?
On occasion I had AHI zero but not possible every night ... below 5 is good result

Then again, I've only started logging stats a few days ago. The night I had the lowest AHI (2.3) I also had the highest pressure reading, (11.0) so it seems they almost cancel each other out. A high pressure reading and a low AHI ratio or vice versa it seems so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,897 11 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 317 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,768 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 5,735 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.