Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Series 60 - Compliance VIC
PR System One Series 60 - Compliance VIC
Hello everyone,
New to CPAP, I started my treatment on November 14 of last year. I find that treatment has really helped me and I kind of kick myself for not having been tested sooner. The issue I have is verifying compliance, I have no problem with the treatment so actual compliance is easy. I have a Respironics PR System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P) CPAP machine. My DME is requesting that the "Compliance VIC" information for each month be posted on their website to show compliance. After the first month the machine read for "days > 4hrs" is 30 with a check code. My issue is that this month the "days > 4Hrs" is still 30 and the check code has not changed. It has been 65 days since I started, I expected the number of days to change and reflect the total days and also the check code be different. Am I off base? I downloaded "SleepyHead" and verified that the data for all 65 days are there. I had called my DME and the RT could not answer my questions concerning this issue. I am hoping someone on this forum is familiar with the machine can answer my question.

The Dr. had also prescribed a modem for my machine so he can review my data each week. The DME RT said they sometimes look at that data but they typically look at the monthly "Compliance VIC" information.

CPAP - Respironics PR System One Remstar Pro with C-Flex+, heated Humidifier (not heated tubing). Wisp Nasal mask.

Thanks,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One Series 60 - Compliance VIC
Hello Ed,

It is my understanding that the number never goes above 30 after you have been on therapy for over a month. If you miss a day of therapy in a given 30 day period or used the CPAP for less than 4 hours it would only show 29.

I hope this helps you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 10:27 PM)HappyGoLucky Wrote: Hello Ed,

It is my understanding that the number never goes above 30 after you have been on therapy for over a month. If you miss a day of therapy in a given 30 day period or used the CPAP for less than 4 hours it would only show 29.

I hope this helps you.

Thank you, for the quick answer, that helps a lot.
Appreciate it,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eleong2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
From the manual:
• Phone-in - This screen displays the total therapy hours for the device, the total blower hours, and the total number of days used when the sessions were greater than 4 hours since the device was last reset. This screen also displays a compliance check number you can use to validate that the data provided to you is the data taken from this screen.
Compliance VIC (Visual Inspection Check) - This screen displays the start day and the total number of days used when the sessions were greater than 4 hours. This screen also displays a check code number you can use to validate that the data provided to you is the data taken from this screen.
• Therapy hours - The device is capable of recognizing the difference between the time the patient is actually receiving therapy and the time when the blower is simply running. This screen displays the average amount of time the patient is actually receiving therapy on the device over a 7 day and 30 day time frame (provided the device has at least 7 or 30 days of data respectively). If the device has only 5 days of data to use for the calculation, the 5 day average value will be seen under the 7 day display.
• Blower hours - This screen displays the number of hours that the blower has been active over the life of the device.
• Days > 4 - This screen displays the cumulative number of device therapy sessions that exceeded 4 hours over a 7 day and 30 day time frame.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the support. I definitely plan to stick with it. What makes it easy for me, so far, is the sound of the CPAP machine lulls me sleep. What is the biggest pain is the daily cleaning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not familiar with your machine but I know that with Resmed you can look at the menu and select one day, one month, 3 months, etc. etc. and of course the data will change from what you are seeing right now. Not sure if you can do this with your machine or not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,602 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,976 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,448 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.