Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Series dehumidifier issue
PR System One Series dehumidifier issue
Philips-Respironics PR System One Series dehumidifier
doesn't work. My wife has the same model and I tried to
determine if the humidifier was the problem or the main
unit. I put her dehumidifier on my main unit and it would not
work. I then used my dehumidifier on her main unit and it
worked fine. I checked the setting in setup and the humidifier
is turned on. I got the unit from the VA but I am currently living
in Thailand. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them?

Thanks

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One Series dehumidifier issue
Hi msgtb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
ideas:

1) Wife's humidifier setting is much higher than yours, which results in a more visible drop in water level.

2) Wife is using the "Classic Humidification" mode and you're using the default "Smart Humidification" mode which attempts to minimize rainout by adjusting how much humidity to add to the air based on ambient conditions. At the same setting, Classic Humidification will add more moisture to the air.

3) Wife and you are using different pressures. The speed the air is flowing over the water in the tank is different and that may affect how much water can be absorbed.

4) One of you is using a heated hose and the other is not. Or you are both using heated hoses, but temps are different.

5) For some reason it is more difficult to properly connect the blower and humidifier units with your blower unit. Things look properly seated, but they are not quite properly seated.

6) There's a potential problem in your blower unit that affects the power connection to the humidifier unit preventing it from turning on correctly. But in this case, there should be some kind of error code on the machine's LCD.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave . You can go into the clinicians setup (not the setup) Its where you scroll to the setup then press both the start nob and ramp , then hold till it beeps then scroll back to setup then press the start button .. Clinicians manuals can be downloaded at the top of the page . You might try turning off the System One humidifier setting (that turns off the automatic humidifier that takes the room humility into consideration ) , that way it works like the old type humidifiers . My Sons humidifier quit working on the system one setting but works good using it set to off . Then when you use you machine the humidity setting is only heater temp control that will increase or decrease the humidity . Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,081 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.