Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One with AutoIQ
RE: PR System One with AutoIQ
Steven Wrote:
HeadGear,(time=1315845670) Wrote:The S10, released in 2014
Well, in just over a month you have decreased your estimate of the release date by 1 whole year. So, just a couple more months & it will be 2012.

Just pulling your chain - Uhm, I mean your HeadGear !
Post Reply Post Reply
HeadGear Wrote:
Steven,(time=1315848846) Wrote:
HeadGear,(time=1315845670) Wrote:The S10, released in 2014
Well, in just over a month you have decreased your estimate of the release date by 1 whole year. So, just a couple more months & it will be 2012.

Just pulling your chain - Uhm, I mean your HeadGear !
OH-Oh! The crystal ball momentarily had some electromagnetic interference from the sun-spots! Er, 2015 would be correct! Yes, definitely, I see it clearly! Whats that about the headgear? I always cover my headgear with tin-foil for a clear signal! :lol-above:
Post Reply Post Reply
archangle Wrote:Gee, I hear the phrase "targeted individual patient marketing" and think "spam."

Turn on your CPAP machine and the screen says:

"Hello, I see you're going to bed a little bit later than usual. Would you like to get a list of local restaurants with good comfort food for a late night snack?"

"You're our 10,000th viewer. Click here for information on how to win."

"There is a problem with your medical records. In order to keep from losing access to your insurance, please enter your social security number, date of birth, etc...."

Yes, I know that's not what you're talking about, but that's what it made me think of.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I hear 'ya... Corporate Big Brother in my bedroom... just what I wanted. Wink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
archangle Wrote:
CrohnieToo,(time=1316101588) Wrote:Just because there has been discussion in this thread about the durability of these devices:

My son in law is still using his original APAP, the Respironics Virtuoso LX. It was provided to him about 1999 and has been used faithfully. He's never taken it in for any "routine" maintenance.
The original REMstars appear to be real bricks. Drop them on the floor, hammer with them, stand on them to change a light bulb, they don't care.
Post Reply Post Reply
NOTE:

The complete Clinician Manual for the PR System One AutoIQ REMstar Pro with C-Flex Plus is now available via email by following instructions on our our CPAP Manuals Page at:

http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
They could put 02 sensors in and give 02 as needed.

A revolt against corporatism is brewing. We pay three times what Canada pays for healthcare -I know this first hand. In a true free market we'd be paying about half of what Canada does so we're getting ripped off to the tune of 80% by these healthcare facsist and if that ain't enough the gov has this nonsense so over regulated it's hard to get good care..
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2012, 12:49 AM)sharkcity Wrote: They could put 02 sensors in and give 02 as needed.

A revolt against corporatism is brewing. We pay three times what Canada pays for healthcare -I know this first hand. In a true free market we'd be paying about half of what Canada does so we're getting ripped off to the tune of 80% by these healthcare facsist and if that ain't enough the gov has this nonsense so over regulated it's hard to get good care..

Yep, it is fascism (merging of big corporations and government). We don't have a free market any more in many ways. Due to the money that's poured into politicians' coffers by corporate lobbyists, new laws and regulations are essentially shaped and influenced by those very same lobbyists. So many of the health care laws on the books were created to benefit big business.

Problem is that it's a self-fueling problem. Lousy politicians keep getting re-elected because these big corps keep pumping money into their campaign funds, and the politicians keep voting to create laws that benefit the big corps that distrubute campaign funding and other benefits to the politicians. Then when a politician leaves government, now that he's familiar with how the system works, he or she becomes a lobbyist for the very same big corps they were charged with regulating prior to that.

I'm very strong on capitalism and I'm close to being a libertarian when it comes to philosophy of government. But the current blend of corporatism and government is not true capitalism at all and definitely not free-market.

Haven't had a true free market in the U.S. for decades. Thinking-about

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,998 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 369 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,147 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,515 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.