Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One with AutoIQ
PR System One with AutoIQ
zonk Wrote:Check the latest from Respironics ( Supplier #1 CPAP Suppliers List ) see what you think ?
PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with AutoIQ

AutoIQ has two phases: Auto-Trial Phase and Auto-Check Phase.

Auto-Trial Phase
Auto-Trial Phase monitors and adjusts pressure on a breath by breath basis for up to 30 nights. The goal of the Auto-Trial Phase is to use breathing pattern data to identify the ideal pressure needed. At the end of the trial, the machine is automatically set to a pressure that the patient was at or below 90% of the time.
All 30 nights do not need to be used at one time. A minimum of 3 nights can be used to complete an Auto-Trial Phase. The remaining nights can be used at any time in the future.
Every time the Auto-Trial Phase is used, the machine will use the most recent Auto-Trial Phase data to set the ideal pressure.
Auto-Check Phase
Once the Auto-Trial Phase is complete, the AutoIQ mode transitions to Auto-Check Phase. Every 30 hours, the machine checks if a pressure adjustment is needed based on breathing events.
If a pressure adjustment is needed, the machine will automatically adjust by 1 cm/H2O up or down. Every 30 hours the machine will continue to track and adapt pressure as needed in 1 cm/H20 increments, staying within an upper and lower limit of 3 cm/H2O of the original set pressure. If a pressure change is not needed, the machine will stay at the current pressure.

Here is an example of how the Auto-Check Phase works:
If the ideal pressure after the Auto-Trial Phase was 10 cm/H2O and after 30 hours of use Auto-Check Phase data indicated the pressure needed to be raised, the machine would automatically change the pressure to 11 cm/H2O. If the pressure needed to be lowered, the machine would automatically change to 9 cm/H2O. If no pressure adjustment was needed, the pressure would stay at 10 cm/H2O. The Auto-Check Phase would continue every 30 hours to monitor and adjust the pressure as needed. However, the pressure would not be raised or lowered more than 3 cm/H2O of the original pressure. Using the original pressure of 10cm/H2O, the machine would not be lowered past 7 cm/H2O and would not be raised past 13 cm/H2O.
If the machine is placed back into Auto-Trial Phase mode to determine a new ideal pressure, the Auto-Check Phase would monitor and change pressure as needed every 30 hours, staying within 3 cm/H2O of the new ideal pressure.
The machine does not need to be set on Auto-Check Phase. It can be placed on straight CPAP mode, where no pressure checks or adjustments are made.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One with AutoIQ
New innovations all the time.... always good to see these things....

CPAPs have improved so much during the past few years... if anyone still uses one that is over 5 years old, if they can afford to, they really ought to check out the newer machines... TONS of improvements have been made during this time, both in comfort, sound-reduction and effectiveness of treatment.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
zimlich Wrote:I read about this machine. It does sound like quite an innovation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steven Wrote:
SuperSleeper,(time=1311960030) Wrote:if anyone still uses one that is over 5 years old, if they can afford to, they really ought to check out the newer machines... TONS of improvements have been made during this time, both in comfort, sound-reduction and effectiveness of treatment.
Yeah, Yeah, I know.

I really thought that I would replace my current 7 1/2 year old CPAP in May, but just got lazy & never got around to it.

Definitely must do it before the end of the year to take advantage of whatever insurance deductible I have already paid in 2011.

It has been moved up on my lengthy To-Do list & I really hope to do it within the next 2 or 3 months to avoid the year-end rush.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steven,(time=1312145328) Wrote:Yeah, Yeah, I know.

I really thought that I would replace my current 7 1/2 year old CPAP in May, but just got lazy & never got around to it.

It has been moved up on my lengthy To-Do list & I really hope to do it within the next 2 or 3 months to avoid the year-end rush.
Well, Steven, I have in my house my two "backup machines": my original REMstar Pro (the tank) and a REMstar Plus (pre-2007 also...both with C-flex)... in addition to my new fancy ResMed S9 AutoSet.

The old REMstars are really are great machines and VERY, VERY durable and reliable. Don't ever trade in your current machine... they're like the old 1970's classic family car - not too efficient, but utterly reliable and long-lasting and built to last... I suspect they'll still be running just fine 20 years into the future... perhaps...
Dont-know

You'll never really get over "your first love" (pre-2007 REMstar)... it's just one of those things. Wink

:I-Love-CPAP:

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Steven Wrote:
SuperSleeper,(time=1312146286) Wrote:The old REMstars are really are great machines and VERY, VERY durable and reliable. Don't ever trade in your current machine... they're like the old 1970's classic family car - not too efficient, but utterly reliable and long-lasting and built to last... I suspect they'll still be running just fine 20 years into the future... perhaps...
I will keep the RemStar as a backup.

I am glad I never needed the Sullivan V (my 1st machine 12 1/2 years ago) as a backup because it was in pretty bad shape when I replaced it at "exactly" 5 years (that was 7 1/2 years ago).
Post Reply Post Reply
Steven Wrote:For those of you who have or are familiar with the current ResMed S9 AutoSet, the previous S8, and the ResMed APAPs before then - Do you have an inkling as to when ResMed might introduce the S10 APAP for sale (through a DME of course)?

Aprroximately how long is it between newer ResMed APAP models?

And when was the current ResMed S9 AutoSet put on the market?

Would hate to buy a ResMed S9 AutoSet in a couple of months just to find out later that the S10 would soon be out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steven,(time=1312234389) Wrote:Aprroximately how long is it between newer ResMed APAP models?

And when was the current ResMed S9 AutoSet put on the market?

Would hate to buy a ResMed S9 AutoSet in a couple of months just to find out later that the S10 would soon be out.
Here's some rough dates on when past Auto-CPAP units were placed on the market... this was taken from the copyright notices from the clinician manuals, so I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it should be pretty close:

Jan. 2004 - ResMed AutoSet T
May 2005 - ResMed S8 AutoSet Vantage
Feb. 2007 - ResMed AutoSet Spirit
Aug. 2008 - ResMed S8 AutoSet II
Feb. 2010 - ResMed S9 AutoSet

In the past, there tends to be an average of about a 2 year period in between release dates, roughly. Thinking-about

But then again, they just released the newer S9 VPAP Auto, VPAP ST, VPAP S, VPAP Adapt and VPAP Adapt SV in the S9 series this year (2011)...

So, my guess is that they're not going to put out a new S10 series until early 2012. Just a hunch... I have no official news on that at all.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Steven Wrote:
SuperSleeper,(time=1312236198) Wrote:In the past, there tends to be an average of about a 2 year period in between release dates, roughly. Thinking-about

So, my guess is that they're not going to put out a new S10 series until early 2012. Just a hunch... I have no official news on that at all.
That is actually my concern.

If I get an S9 AutoSet in October 2011 & the S10 comes out in March 2012, I basically would have an outdated APAP that was only used 5 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steven,(time=1312236458) Wrote:That is actually my concern.

If I get an S9 AutoSet in October 2011 & the S10 comes out in March 2012, I basically would have an outdated APAP that was only used 5 months.
Yes, I understand. It's pretty much a given that whatever CPAP you get now will be "out-dated" in 2 years anyway...

But my gut feeling is that the ResMed S9 AutoSet is getting darn close to perfection in the CPAP world... but I realize that new innovations are always on the drawing board...

So it could be not be until very late 2012 or early 2013 before they get a replacement for the S9 AutoSet. But a lot can change between now and then, especially with the world financial situation being what it is: insurance companies will be in a world of hurt (along with other companies) if the credit rating of the U.S. is downgraded... and it may affect ResMed's release schedule, or your ability to use insurance to get a new CPAP in 2012, as higher interest rates tends to dry up R&D funding for companies.

If it were me, I'd get one while I could... why not start on a better machine now and you'd have better health for an entire year, instead of waiting? Certainly the value of the dollar is not going to get stronger over the next year - you'll probably be spending 10-20 percent more for an S9 AutoSet by this time next year, maybe more.

Just a thought... Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,083 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,157 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,524 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.