Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRESSURE
PRESSURE
For the last couple of day (been using resmed machine just over a week) about 4:00 AM pressure goes up enough to wake me up no leaks. probably double what is at when go to bed. Any help or info would be a great.

Bobby D
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PRESSURE
How long have you been sleeping when this happens?
Some people have more events during REM sleep. Do you recall if you were dreaming just before you awoke?
Which S9 machine do you use -- the name is on the blower unit.
Depending on which machine, it may be data capable; and reading out the SD card and looking for apnea events clustered around the time your pressure is high; and then you awake may be of diagnostic value.

And when you say high -- how high?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
no do not recall dreaming. Was in deep sleep loud air thru nose piece vent and pressure on cheeks woke me up. shut off machine and it went back to normal air flow. not home only no s9. what software can i use to check sd card information.

Thanks bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bobbydee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
no do not recall dreaming. Was in deep sleep loud air thru nose piece vent and pressure on cheeks woke me up. shut off machine and it went back to normal air flow. not home only no s9. what software can i use to check sd card information.

Thanks bob
sorry forgot i had been sleeping 4-5 hours
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2014, 11:43 AM)bobbydee Wrote: no do not recall dreaming. Was in deep sleep loud air thru nose piece vent and pressure on cheeks woke me up. shut off machine and it went back to normal air flow. not home only no s9. what software can i use to check sd card information.

Thanks bob
sorry forgot i had been sleeping 4-5 hours

Not all S9's are fully data capable. That's why I asked which S9 you have. You can use Sleepyhead or ResScan software.

Go to http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2014, 09:23 AM)bobbydee Wrote: For the last couple of day (been using resmed machine just over a week) about 4:00 AM pressure goes up enough to wake me up no leaks. probably double what is at when go to bed. Any help or info would be a great.

Bobby D
Welcome to the forum, bobbydee
Please fill user profile, S9 model name and CPAP Pressure (fixed or auto range)
Model name printed next to on/off button
AutoSet and Elite are data capable machines, Escape models are not

If the S9 is either AutoSet or Elite, shows ample of data on screen sleep report including usage, AHI and leak

The video setup and the clinical manual shows everything you need to know
The clinical manual is available via email, scroll down to 'how to ask for a manual via email'
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Seriously, you probably CANNOT "feel pressure" -- you are almost certainly FEELING LEAKS.

Leaks make WIND which is perceptable. Pressure is almost imperceptible -- the only way we perceive pressure is through a DIFFERENCE.

Even a 20 pressure is less than breathing (in reverse) through a snorkel at 8 INCHES of water depth.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2014, 08:19 PM)herbm Wrote: Seriously, you probably CANNOT "feel pressure" --

Well, maybe YOU can't feel the pressure......... But I can feel the pressure..... Everytime Mrs. Retired_Guy gives me "the look," I feel the pressure.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2014, 08:19 PM)herbm Wrote: Seriously, you probably CANNOT "feel pressure" -- you are almost certainly FEELING LEAKS.

Leaks make WIND which is perceptable. Pressure is almost imperceptible -- the only way we perceive pressure is through a DIFFERENCE.

Even a 20 pressure is less than breathing (in reverse) through a snorkel at 8 INCHES of water depth.

I disagree. I tried the Liberty mask, a hybrid. At that point, my pressure was at 10. I felt like I was in a freakin' wind tunnel. I was wind burned, had chapped, bloody lips, and that was just from a few hours of use. The mask did not leak.

The attempts I tried with a nasal mask, I could feel the pressure on my nose and cheeks. I could move the mask around, noticing how the pressure was, to determine if it was sitting right. I could feel it getting ready to "fart" the mask.

So, yes, we can feel the pressure. 8" of water (or 20cm) is still a lot of water to displace.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,357 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,360 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,649 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.