Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hyper active brain and sleep
RE: Hyper active brain and sleep
(06-19-2015, 09:47 AM)Barbz Wrote: Have be told via sleep studies, I have alpha intrusions. That would be my brain working over time, right?
Alpha waves are actually related to imagery, and you can use that to your advantage, by trying to build an image of rolling down a highway or some such thing, one that is monotonous, and it will help you to get to sleep. When I have trouble dropping off, as I do, I imagine a journey to Mars in immense detail and the sheer boredom of such a trip puts me out like a light.

(06-19-2015, 09:47 AM)Barbz Wrote: I also have tinnitus, mild burning and tingling foot neuropathy and I know that these can affect sleep also.

Yes they can - you can use imagery to over come this. A system called a Mind Mirror (a simple form of neurofeedback) has been shown to be effective in helping to train you in this direction. Look into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
@DocWils
I have been on the right track...in a slight stupor though. Just found print out about how Steve Jobs trained his mind. It goes along with what you said, different wording. Says to find your Ox Mind...that slow plodding part of your brain. Do not try to silence the chattering Monkey Mind...observe it, get to know it. After time switch to that Ox Mind that observes, thinking slowly. This slow movement gradually puts Monkey Mind to sleep!

It reminds me of your monotonous road....thanks for your input. Did some initial research into Mind Mirror. Also restarted using ultrasound on feet. That helps!Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I've gone through all sorts of stuff to shut my brain up and try to get to sleep. Right now, the combination of mediation, music, and Ambien (on nights I know the others are not going to work) and I am slowly regaining some ground. I have a lot of health issues and it varies as to which symptom is the loudest. My sleep program has to be capable of working despite that. Which is why I love Ambien.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 66 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 7 547 04-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,272 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 131 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 3 278 03-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 290 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.