Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking off my mask in my sleep?
RE: Taking off my mask in my sleep?
I’m only a few months in to my therapy and still do this from time to time. What helped me was wearing my mask a couple hours during the day each day when watching tv or reading. I also feel that depending on what position I sleep I do better or worse with keeping it on. I’m kind of starting over, but did really well by the end of my first month of therapy. I found about after a month I almost never took it off. If you are not waking up when you take it off and losing mask time, I suggest turning the auto off setting off on your machine, this personally has helped me, you will hear the air rushing out of the mask and it should wake you up. Best of luck to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taking off my mask in my sleep?
I regularly took off my mask after starting therapy.  Usually at least once a night.  I could also never remember doing so.

Over a few weeks I started taking it off less and less.  Last time it happened was about a week ago but the time before that must be well over a year.

Important thing is not to worry.  Things will improve as you get used to sleeping with a mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 353 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.