Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 AutoPap with ResMed Quattro FX
PRS1 AutoPap with ResMed Quattro FX
I apologize in advance if this question has been answer; I have searched over the web and such and can't find the answer. Maybe I'm not using the right search criteria.

I have a ResMed Quattro FX medium size mask and using a PRS1 AutoPap. What setting should I be using for the mask resistance?

What exactly does the A-Flex setting mean and how do I determine which setting I should use: 1, 2 or 3?

Thanks,

Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PRS1 AutoPap with ResMed Quattro FX
[Image: MaskSettingsforSystemOneResistanceC.jpg] [Image: attachment.php?aid=188]

Mask resistance only apply to Respironcis masks
"0" for other manufactures masks
Post Reply Post Reply
A-flex is feature that will provide pressure relief during exhale. Most like some relief some don't. I do so I would try at level 2, but you choose if you want to try or not. You can find a lot of info if you search or just look around at the wiki links and manuals.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sdm0964,
Flex is a comfort feature. It's a trial and error thing, some people like it and others don't.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Since all Respironics full face masks have a resistance setting of X1, you could go ahead and use that. It doesn't really matter much. It's mostly a gimmick to get you to buy Respironics masks.

The A-Flex setting is for comfort. I recommend a maximum setting of 3 for maximum comfort, but that's just me. I like reduced pressure when I'm exhaling, it feels more like natural breathing. In fact, with my settings I've gotten to the point where I can't really tell if the machine is on. I have to put my hand over the exhalation port and feel the jet of air to confirm it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the replies. Your response helps me understand better.

Regards,

Sam
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 395 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
Wink Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap HMG7450 2 568 08-14-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 502 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Autopap pressure confusion HMG7450 9 785 05-09-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SnoNoMo
  PRS1 Auto BIPAP, Starting Prisma ST machine ArnieSwas 32 4,568 12-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: ArnieSwas
  RIP Quattro FX dave1013 5 746 08-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dave1013
  PRS1 Modem Quit Sending Daily Data to Dream Mapper Bubster 2 760 01-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.