Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 Pro with heated tube
PRS1 Pro with heated tube
Hello All.
I see on the TEXT menu on page 10 of the instruction manual that there should be a MASK Pressure setting on the drop down SET UP menu but I don't seem to have it listed.
I am using the Philips blue comfort gel nasal mask. Why is it not indicating this feature?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PRS1 Pro with heated tube
I'm a little confused here. You've titled the thread PRS1 Pro, yet your profile lists your machine as Fisher Paykel.

Either way, my guess is that the provider has disabled it. You would have to go into the clinician's set up menu to make sure the choice of mask is enabled.

It's probably already been set by your provider for your mask type and they didn't want you fooling with the setting so they disabled it.

It doesn't really matter because the choice of mask has only a small effect on the pressure.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask pressure setting (System One Resistance Control) is for PR System One machines using Respironcis masks otherwise its not applicable

Edit: PRS1 manual
SYSTEM ONE resistance ( ) - This setting allows you to adjust the level of air pressure relief based on the specific Philips Respironics mask. Each Philips Respironics mask may have a “System One” resistance control setting. System One resistance compensation can be turned off by choosing the setting “0”.
Note: The patient also has access to this setting, if Lock SYSTEM ONE is off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2013, 09:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I'm a little confused here. You've titled the thread PRS1 Pro, yet your profile lists your machine as Fisher Paykel.

Either way, my guess is that the provider has disabled it. You would have to go into the clinician's set up menu to make sure the choice of mask is enabled.

It's probably already been set by your provider for your mask type and they didn't want you fooling with the setting so they disabled it.

It doesn't really matter because the choice of mask has only a small effect on the pressure.

Hi...Sorry for the confusion. I was using the Fisher Paykel for the past 5 years but my medical coverage permitted a new machine now. Long story short...the sleepcare provider was not selling Philips products and I tried the Resmed S9 which they suggested but did not like it.
They special ordered the PRS1 for me but admittedly were not familiar with the operation but I thought I researched enough about it to set it up. When I got it home, I noticed it was set in International 'Graphic' mode as opposed to english 'Text' mode. Philips was able to help me convert to Text but that was about all they could help me with due to U.S. legislation etc. etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll have to get the clinician's manual from Apnea Board and figure it out without their help, since they seem to be of no help. Your PRS1 machine is one generation newer than mine, so the menu system probably works about the same. You rotate the dial until you get to the "Setup" quadrant, then push down on the dial and the ramp button at the same time. Wait a few seconds and you'll be in the secret set up menu where you can then set things up the way you want them.

Just don't adjust the pressure yet. You want to look at several days, if not weeks, of data before tweaking that. Every other adjustment is either for comfort or for information. If you change the System One Resistance (mask type) be aware that that will change the pressure, but by only a very small amount.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 10:09 PM)Sleepster Wrote: You'll have to get the clinician's manual from Apnea Board and figure it out without their help, since they seem to be of no help. Your PRS1 machine is one generation newer than mine, so the menu system probably works about the same. You rotate the dial until you get to the "Setup" quadrant, then push down on the dial and the ramp button at the same time. Wait a few seconds and you'll be in the secret set up menu where you can then set things up the way you want them.

Just don't adjust the pressure yet. You want to look at several days, if not weeks, of data before tweaking that. Every other adjustment is either for comfort or for information. If you change the System One Resistance (mask type) be aware that that will change the pressure, but by only a very small amount.

Thanks. I know about the programming but everything seems to be just fine at the moment with the prescribed pressure. I was just wondering about this Mask Pressure thingamajiggie.
Post Reply Post Reply
If there's supposed to be an item listed in the Setup menu, and it's not there, that's an indication that it's been disabled by the provider so that the patient can't change it. To fix that go into the clinician's Setup menu and enable it so that the patient (you) can change it or at least make sure it's set to the correct mask type. Setting the mask type probably only makes a small change to the prescribed pressure, but it may also affect how the machine reports the unintentional leak rate.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2013, 09:28 AM)Sleepster Wrote: If there's supposed to be an item listed in the Setup menu, and it's not there, that's an indication that it's been disabled by the provider so that the patient can't change it. To fix that go into the clinician's Setup menu and enable it so that the patient (you) can change it or at least make sure it's set to the correct mask type. Setting the mask type probably only makes a small change to the prescribed pressure, but it may also affect how the machine reports the unintentional leak rate.

Thanks ....
By any chance, do you know what the Philips Comfort Gel mask setting would be? Or where would I find out please?
Thanks again.
Cam
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2013, 06:28 PM)cam Wrote: By any chance, do you know what the Philips Comfort Gel mask setting would be? Or where would I find out please?

It looks like it's X1.

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...ontrol.pdf
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2013, 06:28 PM)cam Wrote:
(03-30-2013, 09:28 AM)Sleepster Wrote: If there's supposed to be an item listed in the Setup menu, and it's not there, that's an indication that it's been disabled by the provider so that the patient can't change it. To fix that go into the clinician's Setup menu and enable it so that the patient (you) can change it or at least make sure it's set to the correct mask type. Setting the mask type probably only makes a small change to the prescribed pressure, but it may also affect how the machine reports the unintentional leak rate.

Thanks ....
By any chance, do you know what the Philips Comfort Gel mask setting would be? Or where would I find out please?
Thanks again.
Cam

Found it....
Here's the link for others

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...ontrol.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 471 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.