Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 Pro with heated tube
RE: PRS1 Pro with heated tube
Ok...
Here's another question for you. Hope someone can help.
Again. on page 10 of the users manual, it has a drop down list of all the items that can be adjusted. The 4th one from the top of the TEXT List is SYSTEM ONE Humidification but does not appear on my machine at all. I checked the clinicians set-up menu as well. Does anyone know if is possibly for earlier models and because mine has the humidifier and heater hose with automatic humidification it may not require it?
Thanks again.
I've tried attaching a copy of page 10 but can't seem to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2013, 02:16 PM)cam Wrote: Ok...
Again. on page 10 of the users manual, it has a drop down list of all the items that can be adjusted. The 4th one from the top of the TEXT List is SYSTEM ONE Humidification but does not appear on my machine at all. I checked the clinicians set-up menu as well. Does anyone know if is possibly for earlier models and because mine has the humidifier and heater hose with automatic humidification it may not require it?
Thanks again.

....in the meantime, I found this post on another site.
Can anyone confirm that is is an accurate assumption?

System One Humidification Setting

by mglcpap » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

On the PR System One Series 60 Auto CPAP, I looked around at the settings and noticed in my clinical manual it says you can turn "System One humidification" on or off and that while it is on, the system monitors humidification levels and adjusts as needed. I went into the settings to make sure that setting was on, but I couldn't find the setting on my machine.

After a few minutes, I determined that while I have the heated tube plugged in, there is no option for "System One humidification" on the clinical menu. The only "system one" option I find is the mask resistance setting. Is that because with the heated tube the system one cpap automatically monitors humidity levels and adjusts therefore it isn't an option to turn "System One humidification" on/off while using heated tubing?

I determined that when I unplug the heated tube the "System One humidification" setting shows up in the clinical setup menu and allows me to turn the feature on/off. Though, that makes me wonder if the machine can monitor humidity with a non-heated tube whether it is worth paying $40-$50 more for the heated tube. I guess I'll try both and see which works best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
The purpose of the heated hose is to prevent condensation in the hose and to heat the air.

Sometimes, especially when the air in the bedroom is cold and the humidifier is on a high setting, the condensation in the hose can trickle down and go into your nose. We call this rain out, and the heated hose prevents it.

Some people, myself included, really benefit from the humidified air. My sinuses don't get dried out and I don't need to use sprays and sinus rinses as much when my allergies bother me or when I catch a cold.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a copy of the page 10 TEXT mode programming indicating the SYSTEM ONE humidification (3rd one down)

Flex-----------------------------1 2 3
Heated Tube humidification---on off
SYSTEM ONE humidification---on off
Humidifier----------------------0 1 2 3 4 5
Humidity level------------------1 2 3
Tube temperature--------------0 1 2 3 4 5
Ramp Time----------------------0:00 - 0:45
Ramp start----------------------4.0 - (CPAP pres)
Tubing type---------------------15 22 15H
SYSTEM ONE resistance--------X1 X2 X3 X4 X5
Auto on--------------------------on off
Auto off--------------------------on off
Mask alert-----------------------on off
Humidifier LED backlight--------on off
Silent mode----------------------on off
Language-------------------------EN DE ES FR IT BR
------------------------------------DK FI NO SW O
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 11:16 AM)cam Wrote: Here is a copy of the page 10 TEXT mode programming indicating the SYSTEM ONE humidification (3rd one down)

Flex-----------------------------1 2 3
Heated Tube humidification---on off
SYSTEM ONE humidification---on off
Humidifier----------------------0 1 2 3 4 5
Humidity level------------------1 2 3
Tube temperature--------------0 1 2 3 4 5
Ramp Time----------------------0:00 - 0:45
Ramp start----------------------4.0 - (CPAP pres)
Tubing type---------------------15 22 15H
SYSTEM ONE resistance--------X1 X2 X3 X4 X5
Auto on--------------------------on off
Auto off--------------------------on off
Mask alert-----------------------on off
Humidifier LED backlight--------on off
Silent mode----------------------on off
Language-------------------------EN DE ES FR IT BR
------------------------------------DK FI NO SW O

Back to the original question...
Does anyone know if the 3rd one down the list...SYSTEM ONE humidification disppears with the heated tube option?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2013, 02:57 PM)cam Wrote:
(04-01-2013, 02:16 PM)cam Wrote: Ok...
Thanks again.

....in the meantime, I found this post on another site.
Can anyone confirm that is is an accurate assumption?

System One Humidification Setting

by mglcpap » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

On the PR System One Series 60 Auto CPAP, I looked around at the settings and noticed in my clinical manual it says you can turn "System One humidification" on or off and that while it is on, the system monitors humidification levels and adjusts as needed. I went into the settings to make sure that setting was on, but I couldn't find the setting on my machine.

After a few minutes, I determined that while I have the heated tube plugged in, there is no option for "System One humidification" on the clinical menu. The only "system one" option I find is the mask resistance setting. Is that because with the heated tube the system one cpap automatically monitors humidity levels and adjusts therefore it isn't an option to turn "System One humidification" on/off while using heated tubing?

I determined that when I unplug the heated tube the "System One humidification" setting shows up in the clinical setup menu and allows me to turn the feature on/off. Though, that makes me wonder if the machine can monitor humidity with a non-heated tube whether it is worth paying $40-$50 more for the heated tube. I guess I'll try both and see which works best for me.

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I thought although the instruction manual should have addressed this issue.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 217 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 466 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 949 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 604 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.