Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 wheezing Sound
PRS1 wheezing Sound
I recently purchased an older PRS1 model 550 as a backup machine. I have a difficult time due fan noise ramping up an down during breathing (EPR at 1). This noise seems to radiate through the hose. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? I thought about lowering my start pressure from 12 to 10 and shutting down EPR.
Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PRS1 wheezing Sound
Don't know. I have the PR560 and it is so quiet that I sometimes think it's not running.

Have the filters been changed lately? Make sure it is sitting on a level surface.

Where did you purchase it? If there is no warranty, then you may have to get an estimate on repairs and see if it's worth spending.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here, my 560 is nearly silent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your responces. I did lower my starting pressure and shut off the EPR. It did tame the wheezing but it it still is noticeable. I think I heard about another term from a while back, Tank Echo. I will need to research this some more.
Any other hints greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the connection and the seals between the machine and the humidifier. Sometimes, reseating them will eliminate or damp the wheezing sound. If the deal is worn out, you can buy replacement seal part at Supplier #1.

I had a similar issue and reseating the connection helped.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
My wifes 550 is silent as the grave.
My 560 is the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2015, 06:43 PM)AshSF Wrote: Check the connection and the seals between the machine and the humidifier. Sometimes, reseating them will eliminate or damp the wheezing sound. If the deal is worn out, you can buy replacement seal part at Supplier #1.

I had a similar issue and reseating the connection helped.

Thanks AshSF. I will look into getting a new seal. I bought this machine off of Craigslist for $95 to have as a backup and to learn how another device works. It only had 328 hours on it when I bought it. Since it is about five to six years old the seal may have become hard or shrunk makes sense.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2015, 11:33 AM)xxl Wrote: I did lower my starting pressure and shut off the EPR.
EPR is ResMed feature but you're talking about Respironcis machine (not the machine in profile)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 182 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,872 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  wheezing noise n20 with VCom ifsmithy 2 385 12-23-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 511 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  Constant air leak sound but leak doesn't show up in software shanky 2 856 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: shanky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.