Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
PS [Pressure Support]
VPAP Auto, Sleepyhead, Apple MacBook Pro Retina, OS-X 10.13.1.  In Sleepyhead -> Statistics lower right, it says PS 1.0 over 4.0 - 19.0.  I would like to change the PS 1.0 to 3.0.  I am in auto mode.  What do I change?
Thank you.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PS
Go to clinic settings on your machine and change PS from 1 to 3. If you need it you can get the clinic manual in the private files section.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, that is a very wide range of pressure. What is your median or average EPAP and IPAP?
Walla is correct that PS is in the clinical settings, along with EPAP min (4) and IPAP max. (19)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To enter the Clinician Mode on the S9, hold down both the Info button and the large rotary knob to its right for over 3 seconds.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all. I do know about how to make the thing take clinical directions. The reason it's wide is because it's on auto and I wanted it to do what it wants without my restricting. My biggest problem is that I seem to have a lot of CA's and the machine can't do anything about them. I notice that I got better scores when PS was higher so I thought I would try that. My IPAP/EPAP are all over the place. It looks (from the next page) like pressure runs between 6 (EPAP) and 17 (IPAP) with about a constant 4 lb. between them. Thank you.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Larry, keep in touch on this. My observation with most people that experience CA events is that they do better with more steady pressure and less pressure support. If the problem is severe, you need a bilevel with a backup rate (ASV), that can cause a breath when needed. I assume your problem is not at that level. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
That's interesting!  The last prescription I had was 14/10 CPAP.  I thought I might do better if I used the auto ability but so far it hasn't happened.  I have to tell you that I really like the low pressure where it starts, but I'm not liking the OA's, H's, and CA's that follow.  On the Software board I'm trying to get setup with a FlashAir so I can use Sleepyhead easier.  I had about 3 sleep studies.  At first I was over 20. but eventually I ended up at 14/10.  That gives me an AHI about 3.  I can't do as well with the auto so far but I can do around 5 or 6.  Thanks!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
What you're describing is fairly common here on the forum, and it is an under-reported problem because it is rarely caught by doctors or sleep centers who conclude you're well treated by CPAP. It's a form a complex apnea and as pressures and pressure support rises, the breathing becomes increasingly disordered. If you're willing, I think it would really help to take a look at a typical chart on the forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm willing!  Tell me where to go or what you would have me do next!  Thanks!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, simply post Sleepyhead results from your sleep therapy. Choose one or more nights and take screenshots of the Detail results in Sleepyhead. The instructions to organize and post are in my signature links. Many members have done this, and we're getting pretty good with the complex apnea problems. Wish we could say they are uncommon, but not so much. We have many members that have used the information obtained on the forum, and moved their therapy into something that works. For some ideas, take a look at posts by Richb, SpyCar, Hojo, Sarcastic Dave, and many others.

Complex sleep apnea: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...leep_apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,339 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 412 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 681 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,619 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,100 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.